Intermittent numbness?
I have recently (past 3 months) been experiencing intermittent numbness of my left exterior thigh. There is no associated pain.

Most nights I am awoken by the sensation (while lying on my back), other times I notice the numbness while walking or sitting. I am always able to "walk it off" or "shake it out" or change position to make the numbness go away.

Naturally, I am writing because I am anxious about this numbness as being an early indicator of multiple sclerosis. I am 26, with average height and normal weight.

I would appreciate any information regarding typical MS-related numbness. Can it be intermittent? Does it improve by changing positions or shaking it out?

Best wishes to everyone in this group, it looks as though you are all very supportive of one another.
Hello and welcome. Typically numbness from ms can't be shaken out. I think technically the numbness has to be constant for at least 24 hours. That being said my numbness usually lasts up to 2 months before going away, but that is me and everyone is different.

I hope you find out what is going on with your body, but it doesn't sound like ms related numbness to me. I wish mine would shake out :)
Yeah, my numbness never goes away - I keep trying to get the feeling back in my toes, but nothing doing.