Multiple Sclerosis Community
Inversion therapy? Any experience?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Inversion therapy? Any experience?

I am thinking about getting one of those inversion table/chair things you flip upside down on and hang. I have tried them in the past before I had MS. I was wondering if any of you use them?

I have lower back spasms/misalignment  at my Sacro-illiac junction and I am thinking it might be more cost effective than going to a chiropractor. Or maybe make the relief from the Chiropractor last longer.

I first noticed it after my LP which I thought was because they did it without sedation and it was so tense/anxious. But right after my LP we did IVSM and that might have been a reason too? I went to the Chiropractor a couple times after that and it made it feel better but I couldn't afford to go any more cause of ER/hospital bills. I got a little better and my  back issues went away but now I am not sure if it could be from the exacerbation/current round of steroids or what?
(do you ever feel worse after IVSM?, I felt great this time during the IVSM, how long does the relief usually takento kick in?)
This time but I am laying down again and it feels like my back is locked up/spasms/pain again, I'm not sure if this is symptom or side effect.
I am also wondering if this could possibly cause all the bad stuff that's supposed to stay out side of the blood-brain barrier to get back into the Blood-brain barrier. It's just a little bit of gravity.On the other side it could promote blood flow to the brain and stimulate healing.
I guess I am mostly looking for personal experiences to help me make my decision. Have you tried it? did it help? have you had more issues while using it?
Never tried it but like you are interested in knowing if anyone has tried one?

I had an inversion table for a while and loved the feeling of being stretched! However since my balance was so off, I felt nervous getting on and off it when I was alone and sold it. It really helped my lower back a lot and even my poor old neck. I never really got upside down but even a 30 percent inversion can help.

If you get one, be very sure to spend the money and get a good one. Bad ones can tip and really hurt you! The one I had was a Teeter Hangups EP550 Inversion Table and it was very safe and solid. I trusted it implicitly! It adjusted to fit me perfectly at 5' 4" and was easy to right from an inverted position. Had a strap that prevented any more inversion than you wanted.

If, after my CCSVI procedure, the Dr. thinks it would be safe to use, I might buy mine back from the friend I sold it to. :)

Jessica
hi!!  oh  i got a brother hes a rather large guy- but he swears by it-  he keeps his in the basement and hangs around!!  lol- yeh id like to get one its got to relive our backs -strech them a bit. let me know how it works for you!!
I got one, I found it on craigslist. its a good one max performance or something real sturdy just has a small tear in the vinyl on the chair part for $60, I don't think i could have gotten a better deal and since I wasn't really sure if it would help I'm glad I didn't go all out.

When I first got on it last night my back was too tight, I had to get off. my boyfriend loved it, he popped immediately! I made him massage my back with a back massager to loosen up the muscles and then took a warm bath for further relaxation and got back on it and it worked. I had to twist around a-bit. So it's paid for itself already.
I could feel the pressure in my head build and it took me a little longer to come back up. I will let you know in the future if I have exacerbation from too much blood to the brain.

Lora