Multiple Sclerosis Community
Inversion therapy? Any experience?
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Inversion therapy? Any experience?

I am thinking about getting one of those inversion table/chair things you flip upside down on and hang. I have tried them in the past before I had MS. I was wondering if any of you use them?

I have lower back spasms/misalignment  at my Sacro-illiac junction and I am thinking it might be more cost effective than going to a chiropractor. Or maybe make the relief from the Chiropractor last longer.

I first noticed it after my LP which I thought was because they did it without sedation and it was so tense/anxious. But right after my LP we did IVSM and that might have been a reason too? I went to the Chiropractor a couple times after that and it made it feel better but I couldn't afford to go any more cause of ER/hospital bills. I got a little better and my  back issues went away but now I am not sure if it could be from the exacerbation/current round of steroids or what?
(do you ever feel worse after IVSM?, I felt great this time during the IVSM, how long does the relief usually takento kick in?)
This time but I am laying down again and it feels like my back is locked up/spasms/pain again, I'm not sure if this is symptom or side effect.
I am also wondering if this could possibly cause all the bad stuff that's supposed to stay out side of the blood-brain barrier to get back into the Blood-brain barrier. It's just a little bit of gravity.On the other side it could promote blood flow to the brain and stimulate healing.
I guess I am mostly looking for personal experiences to help me make my decision. Have you tried it? did it help? have you had more issues while using it?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
749148_tn?1302864559
Never tried it but like you are interested in knowing if anyone has tried one?
Blank
749148_tn?1302864559
Never tried it but like you are interested in knowing if anyone has tried one?
Blank
755322_tn?1330272714
Hi,

I had an inversion table for a while and loved the feeling of being stretched! However since my balance was so off, I felt nervous getting on and off it when I was alone and sold it. It really helped my lower back a lot and even my poor old neck. I never really got upside down but even a 30 percent inversion can help.

If you get one, be very sure to spend the money and get a good one. Bad ones can tip and really hurt you! The one I had was a Teeter Hangups EP550 Inversion Table and it was very safe and solid. I trusted it implicitly! It adjusted to fit me perfectly at 5' 4" and was easy to right from an inverted position. Had a strap that prevented any more inversion than you wanted.

If, after my CCSVI procedure, the Dr. thinks it would be safe to use, I might buy mine back from the friend I sold it to. :)

Jessica
Blank
704043_tn?1298060444
hi!!  oh  i got a brother hes a rather large guy- but he swears by it-  he keeps his in the basement and hangs around!!  lol- yeh id like to get one its got to relive our backs -strech them a bit. let me know how it works for you!!
Blank
1532707_tn?1312159524
I got one, I found it on craigslist. its a good one max performance or something real sturdy just has a small tear in the vinyl on the chair part for $60, I don't think i could have gotten a better deal and since I wasn't really sure if it would help I'm glad I didn't go all out.

When I first got on it last night my back was too tight, I had to get off. my boyfriend loved it, he popped immediately! I made him massage my back with a back massager to loosen up the muscles and then took a warm bath for further relaxation and got back on it and it worked. I had to twist around a-bit. So it's paid for itself already.
I could feel the pressure in my head build and it took me a little longer to come back up. I will let you know in the future if I have exacerbation from too much blood to the brain.

Lora

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank