MS MRI question
I recently had my 2nd MRI done to rule out MS. I had the first done in Sept 2012 and was told that it was normal. The last MRI shows 4 regions of punctuate increased flair signal in the deep cortical white matter, all in the left frontal lobe. What does this mean? All of my symptoms optic neuritis and severe weakness have been on the right side.
Hi Mhite,

Sorry your post slipped off the front page. Thank you for joining us. Lesion location and quantity do not always perfectly correlate to specific symptoms or problems. Nor are they always caused by MS.

Your doctor will determine what the lesions mean to you specifically, but it sounds as if your doctor is following you since the ON. Please let us know how you make out with your doctor, I hope you will know what you are dealing with after your follow-up.

Isn't it that your left side of your brain controls the right side of your body?