Numbness In Fingers
Hi all, just a quick question.  I have MS and am experiencing something new - imagine that!  I will wake up from sleeping and my fingers will be completely numb.  I don't mean that asleep tingly feeling, I mean totally numb.  Is this a normal MS symptom or do I possibly have something else going on?  It takes several minutes for them to become un-numb after I wake up but they do finally get back to normal.  Any info you guys might can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi there, I'm not yet Dx but do have simular feelings (or unfeelings) in my fingers or hands as well as other parts of my body... it comes and goes.  

Keep a record of any new symptoms to let your Dr know...
I'm sure you will hear from others who know alot more about MS.. I just wanted to say
hi and your at the right spot for these types of questions.

take care
wobbly
undx
Hi, Kim!  I am diagnosed, and I frequently have problems with numbness.

It seems like things go numb more quickly - like my circulation isn't as good.  I'll wake up in the morning and one arm will be numb.  I never get that pins and needles feeling, like when you've slept wrong on your arm.  It just gets gradually better.  One morning I woke up and one leg was completely numb - I went to step on it, and it collapsed and I went to the floor.

MS seems to be a disease of progression, even when you're not having flares.  I have new symptoms all the time, and I'm in remission at the moment.  If you think you're having a flare (excessive fatigue, bad symptoms) I would call up your doc and tell him about it.  The last time I called the neuro, I was having this spinal myoclonus and I kept having to call in sick - not only was I exhausted, but I kept convulsing, which is hard to explain away at work.