Multiple Sclerosis Community
Ptsosis (drooping eyelid) Question

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Ptsosis (drooping eyelid) Question

Hello Everyone,

Wondering if anyone here could answer this..I am from Limboland forum but wanted to throw this out there. I had an appointment with opthomologist last week and he stated I had a droopy eyelid. I had vision issues last year and saw an optometrist per the advise of my neuro but she said my vision was perfect.. I have pain in left eye and blurred vision, trouble focusing.

Well it came back probably the last few weeks so I went to the opthomologist who noticed the droopy eyelid. I never have noticed a difference. Also during the exam he also stated one of my pupils was different in size. I just had some visual fied testing done today and will have results back in 2 weeks. My question is is droopy eyelid normal for my age? I am 41...

I know there is some normalcy to eyelid drooping as we age but isn't that when you are much older?

Any input would be great.

JibJen
Do you know if the droopy lid comes and goes?  I know you have not noticed it, but has anyone else in your family/friends?  

Is the pupil smaller on the side with the droopy lid?

Another weird question:  Do you notice if you sweat unevenly on your face? ie: less on the droopy lid side?

I would highly recommend that you see a neuro-ophthalmologist.  This could be a number of things, but I would certainly get it checked out by a neuro/neuro ophthalmologist.

Do u ever have double vision?  What did the ophthalmologist think was causing the lid and pupil differences?  Do u know why he/she wanted to do a visual field test?

Michelle

P.S. I dont think this has anything to do with your age.
JibJen,

You are always welcome here, we have many people still in limboland here.

I don't know much about the droopy eyelid that you are talking about. I do know that sometime the nerves are affected and that may be causing it but I am not positive on that.

I wouldn't think that your age would bring on droopy eyelid but then everyone is different. I am sure alot depends on how much time has been spent in the sun, smoking, diet and other things but once  again I am not sure.

Let us know what the results are of your vision field testing. Hope all works out for you.

Take Care,
Paula
I had a droopy eyelid, as well as optic neuritis, when I was first diagnosed.  I think it was just weakness - eventually it went away.
hi there - my mum started with droopy eye lid, when diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, do you get swollowing issues   jan x

Michelle

Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much for your input. I can not say that anyone has ever mentioned my eyelid droop until now. I never noticed so I can not say if it has come and gone. I do get some blurred vision more than double vision. I can not really read until I really focus in and that can make me dizzy. I don't remember if the the droopy eyelid had the different pupil. I just remmebr him looking into eye and commenting for nurse to document.

michelleric - I think you might be thinking of Horner's Syndrome right? but I never noticed of diffrent sweating on face. When I told the doc I was seeing a neurologist initially for migraine but have had sensory issues for a year and am being tested, he decidded to do tests. I told him I was not dignosed with anything at this time and I am a wait and see mode.

janubears - hi. no I have not had any swollowing isssues.

I will certainly keep you posted as  should have results from doc in about 2 weeks.

Thanks for your input. I apprecitae it.

Jibjen
Yes, I was thinking of Horners.  I am wishing you well and hope you get some answers.
Michelle