Multiple Sclerosis Community
Ptsosis (drooping eyelid) Question
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ptsosis (drooping eyelid) Question

Hello Everyone,

Wondering if anyone here could answer this..I am from Limboland forum but wanted to throw this out there. I had an appointment with opthomologist last week and he stated I had a droopy eyelid. I had vision issues last year and saw an optometrist per the advise of my neuro but she said my vision was perfect.. I have pain in left eye and blurred vision, trouble focusing.

Well it came back probably the last few weeks so I went to the opthomologist who noticed the droopy eyelid. I never have noticed a difference. Also during the exam he also stated one of my pupils was different in size. I just had some visual fied testing done today and will have results back in 2 weeks. My question is is droopy eyelid normal for my age? I am 41...

I know there is some normalcy to eyelid drooping as we age but isn't that when you are much older?

Any input would be great.

JibJen
Blank
645390_tn?1338558977
Do you know if the droopy lid comes and goes?  I know you have not noticed it, but has anyone else in your family/friends?  

Is the pupil smaller on the side with the droopy lid?

Another weird question:  Do you notice if you sweat unevenly on your face? ie: less on the droopy lid side?

I would highly recommend that you see a neuro-ophthalmologist.  This could be a number of things, but I would certainly get it checked out by a neuro/neuro ophthalmologist.

Do u ever have double vision?  What did the ophthalmologist think was causing the lid and pupil differences?  Do u know why he/she wanted to do a visual field test?

Michelle

P.S. I dont think this has anything to do with your age.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1396846_tn?1332463110
JibJen,

You are always welcome here, we have many people still in limboland here.

I don't know much about the droopy eyelid that you are talking about. I do know that sometime the nerves are affected and that may be causing it but I am not positive on that.

I wouldn't think that your age would bring on droopy eyelid but then everyone is different. I am sure alot depends on how much time has been spent in the sun, smoking, diet and other things but once  again I am not sure.

Let us know what the results are of your vision field testing. Hope all works out for you.

Take Care,
Paula
Blank
338416_tn?1260996698
I had a droopy eyelid, as well as optic neuritis, when I was first diagnosed.  I think it was just weakness - eventually it went away.
Blank
1336491_tn?1340623141
hi there - my mum started with droopy eye lid, when diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, do you get swollowing issues   jan x
Blank
645390_tn?1338558977
Do you know if the droopy lid comes and goes?  I know you have not noticed it, but has anyone else in your family/friends?  

Is the pupil smaller on the side with the droopy lid?

Another weird question:  Do you notice if you sweat unevenly on your face? ie: less on the droopy lid side?

I would highly recommend that you see a neuro-ophthalmologist.  This could be a number of things, but I would certainly get it checked out by a neuro/neuro ophthalmologist.

Do u ever have double vision?  What did the ophthalmologist think was causing the lid and pupil differences?  Do u know why he/she wanted to do a visual field test?

Michelle

P.S. I dont think this has anything to do with your age.
Blank
956292_tn?1334058469
Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much for your input. I can not say that anyone has ever mentioned my eyelid droop until now. I never noticed so I can not say if it has come and gone. I do get some blurred vision more than double vision. I can not really read until I really focus in and that can make me dizzy. I don't remember if the the droopy eyelid had the different pupil. I just remmebr him looking into eye and commenting for nurse to document.

michelleric - I think you might be thinking of Horner's Syndrome right? but I never noticed of diffrent sweating on face. When I told the doc I was seeing a neurologist initially for migraine but have had sensory issues for a year and am being tested, he decidded to do tests. I told him I was not dignosed with anything at this time and I am a wait and see mode.

janubears - hi. no I have not had any swollowing isssues.

I will certainly keep you posted as  should have results from doc in about 2 weeks.

Thanks for your input. I apprecitae it.

Jibjen
Blank
645390_tn?1338558977
Yes, I was thinking of Horners.  I am wishing you well and hope you get some answers.
Michelle
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank