Multiple Sclerosis Community
SEVERE STOMACH PAINS
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SEVERE STOMACH PAINS

Hi, How is everyone?  I am still waiting for answers from neuro. I go wed. Just wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else or if it is even related to previous symptoms.  Last night I was feeling fine, then all at once I got extremely hot and sweaty, my stomach started having severe pains on the right side, under my rib cage, I couldn't sit still, I laid on my back and after 10 minutes the pain suddenly quit, I was then just freezing and my face and hands were ghost white, as the color returned my face felt funny.  I remained cold all night but my right hand was colder than the other. Also, my right leg and arm felt heavy afterwards.  Any help, please.        Teresa
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
228463_tn?1216765121
Wow, that sounds scary!  Had you had a fatty meal for dinner?  Have you ever had gallbladder disease?

I am no doctor but what you describe sounds like symptoms I had a few years back when the doctor thought I had gallbladder disease.  They ended up doing an ultrasound and an endoscopy and it just showed a small irritation in my duodenum, or beginning of small intestines.  I also had symptoms of nausea, sweats and feeling just lousy at the time but did not have any arm or leg symptoms.  

If you have no other episodes I would just wait and tell neuro on Wednesday,  if you have more episodes I would go to an urgent care clinic or the ER to be sure you don't have gallstones or something else that could be serious.

Good luck and Take care!!  I wll be praying for you!!
Kristin
Blank
230625_tn?1216764664
Yikes!  I've not had any experience like that, but that must have been frightening for you!

Kristin has a good suggestion ~ if you have no other occurances, inform your neuro at your next appt.  If it happens again, please have it checked out.

Take care!  Pat :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank