Swallowing Difficulty While Sleeping
I wake up with saliva in my mouth in the morning as if I wasn't able to swallow while I am sleeping.

Any idea what may cause this?

Jeanette
There is a mixture of cranial and skeletal nerve signal required to swallow correctly.  I have woken up gagging in the middle of the night with a moth full of saliva and unable to breath.  Best advice I received was:  "You have a know neurologic problem that may cause all sorts of problems.  Try sleeping on your side in the fetal position."  That came from a Family Practice Doctor.  All I can say is:  "Wow!"  No choking and it helped with the leg and upper back spasticity.  Sounded stupid at the time, but it worked for me and I sleep better.

Also makes "Spooning" easier, so that's an upside, too!

Bob
Thank you Bob.  My question is: is this a symptom of MS? I am not sure I have this disease.

Thank you.

Jeanette
Trouble talking and swallowing can be a symptom of MS or other neurologic disorder.  It is a non-specific symptom.

Bob