Multiple Sclerosis Community
Toe problem

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Toe problem

I have drop foot in both feet, worse in the right. I was able to curl my toes down and point them up. Not my whole foot on my right side but at least my toes would stretch up and down. Now my big toe is frozen. Like it is paralyzed.

I went to the ER a few nights ago when my vision went out. I thought it was a migraine with out a head ache. ER doc said it was MS related. Now I can not move my big toe. My toes will not curl down they flare. I do have bilateral babinski but this toe movement thing is new.

I go back to my MS doctor in a few days and will have a scheduled checkup MRI. The big toe thing is weird. Seems paralyzed. Weird.

Think this could be a flare? Progression??? again.

LA dx'd MS Betaseron (just started this 2 months ago.)
hi there.. I've had times when my toes have gone numb for a few days... I didn't notice one toe though...seemed like all my toes.  It was a weird feeling.

I think it one of those strange paratheses??  that happen with MS... write this one down for the Neuro... and keep track how long it lasts or get worse, if it doesn't get better call the Neuro offic and let them know..see what they say

take care hon
wobbly
dx
Thank Wobbly,
My toe just won't move.  It is stuck! ;-}
I see my MS doctor on the 28th and will have a new MRI.

LA
Hey, chica - saw your post on MS world!

Sounds like you have some progression of your drop foot problem - but like I said over there, sometimes I think it's progression, and then the function comes back in a year.  Sometimes it sticks around.  My right knee used to be really bad - always going flofloopy on me and folding up.  The last three months, it's been getting better and better.  I still can't run more than a mile before my leg starts dragging, but it's much improved.
Can you actually run?  I can't and it seems to be just like with my toe, my legs are not getting the message from my brain to RUN.

Yeah, that big toe thing it weird.  Weird that I noticed it too.  Actually I was just trying to stretch because I am having a difficult time with spasticity in my legs, painful stuff, and I could not bend my toes.  

Ok, weird question I know but I was just wondering.

Last week I went to the ER when I lost central vision.  The ER doc said it was MS related.  I just noticed my toe so I am not sure if this started after the eye problem or before.  

LA
Yup, I can run for about ten minutes.  My left leg works - it picks up and propels me just fine.  The right one feels a bit wooden - I kinda have to throw it forward a little bit.  After a mile, my toe's dragging so much that I feel it's unsafe to push it any further.  And my hip starts hurting, I guess because I'm using it to help with the leg.  
That is great that you can run!  I wonder how many with MS can run.

LA
I don't know how much longer I'll be able to...  seems like every time I do, it causes some other problem. My right leg was so sore after last week, I wasn't able to pick my foot up to move from the gas to the brake pedal.  
That is too bad.  I understand the brake issue.  Must be your right foot too.  I have started using my left foot on the brake.

I know that is not good but until I get my hand controls I have to do it that way.  

I go for driving lessons for my hand controls in a couple of weeks.  

I am just impressed you are balanced enough to do more than a walk.  I would fall on my face!

LA