Vaccines and Multiple Sclerosis.
Seeing as I don't feel up to doing to much I thought I might as well sit quietly today and well I have a booster HEP A and B vaccines due, as I had to have this when I went overseas.

Should I have this?  Could this cause or is this linked to new attacks?

My old neurologist wouldn't let me have a flu vaccine as he said something about it being a live vaccine and that it would be like suicide at the time?  It was thought I had MS at that time.

So this brings me to the next question is there any current protocol for MS on what vaccines  people should or shouldn't have.

Cheers,
Udkas.
HI

I don't know the answer...but I'll bump because I noticed your question was about to go to the second page.

I just looked some info up about HEP A & B. I'm not sure if it would make a difference or not...but according to what I read...both vaccines are nonactive and can be giving to pregnant and immunocompromised people. So it is not a live form of the virus if that has anything to do with it. So it is different than the flu shot that is live.
thanks for the bump, I think now they encourage Msers to have the flu shot but at the time my old neuro said I was in a very active flare, just come out of hospital after a week on IV steriods and he said the flu shot was a definate NO.

I thought somewhere I heard not to have the Hep shots either and seeing as they can associate some vaccines with TM I thought maybe I shouldn't have it.  I will hold off and ask my neuro when I see him but that is a mth away.

Thanks,
Udkas.