Vertigo
Is Vertigo common with MS? My husband is recently dx after 3 years of being told he had Vertigo take Meclizine. He starts Refib next week and is hoping it will give some relief. Does anyone here have any experience with this drug and it helping reduce the Vertigo?
Hi there, i think your asking if 'Rebif' will help your husband with the vertigo, but thats one of the 'disease modifying drugs' and none of the DMD's target any of the symptoms (sx's), they specifically target the disease. If the DMD works for him, a lot of his sx's may improve or recover completely, but which sx's or if any will, no one can actually ever say, so the answer can really only be a maybe.

Has he had his vision checked out? A high percentage of people with MS (pwMS) have visual issues, the common issues are double vision, nystagmus, blurred vision and optic neuritis. Some of which can basically make balance and vertigo more problematic too, its a bit of a long short but sometimes getting the right type of glasses can actually help, so it might be worth finding out if his vision is not helping the vertigo situation.

Cheers........JJ  
I deal with Vertigo with my MS.  I've dealt with this horrible symptom for over 20 years.  I have tried alot of meds to help.  I'm not sure if I have tried Meclizine.. I will have to check and find out?

hope he feels better soon, vertigo was my first symptoms and the rest followed.  

take care
wobbly