Multiple Sclerosis Community
abdominal pain

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

abdominal pain

hi all,
i've desided to ask another question.for 5 weeks now i have had abdominal pain that travels from pelvic, to lower rt back, to belly button, to under rib cage.i have been to gyn, all okay there.have been to pcp, who had me have a cat scan, and did lots of blood work,nothing abnormal found, now i'm going to be getting a gallbladder ultra sound.i'm in lots of pain everyday, and now nauseated for the last five.i know i could have gall stones.but somewhere, sometime I think i've seen,read, that others suffer with stomach pain along with their othr MS symptoms.I don't have gerd,and try very hard to not let myself become back upped as I know being on codine for so long tends to cause that.okay, also I have feelings or lack of feeling in my lower bowels,its so hard to find my "push', and its so weak! i do not have a MS dx yet,had a possiable/proable for awhile, then back to my fibro as cause of my symptoms.so anything you could  share that wold give me thoughts or questions for the doc,i would very much like to hear from, thanks
I am so sorry to say I don't know what causes your pain. I have had pelvic issues too, but it seems you've gotten all the tests and stuff. I have heard of nausea going along with gallbladder problems so maybe you're getting to the bottom of it.

When are you having that ultrasound?

You are in my prayers!!

Suzanne
It actually does sound like your gallbladder.  When I would have an attack, before having mine removed, sounds just like what you are experiencing.

I now have stomach cramps once in a while but that's due to my bowel problems.  I take dicyclomine for IBS and it works wonderfully.  I guess you will know more when you get your gallbladder test done.

I really hope that everything works out okay for you.  Having stomach problems is no walk in the park, and I pray that they will find out what is causing it and nip it in the bud.

I'll be praying,
Carol
I have to agree with the other responders.  I also have had gall stone and gall bladder removal.  Went through so much testing before they finally found three thumb size gall stone, all lined up as pretty as you please.  I had a great ultrasound tech...she said, "I have one problem though, I can't tell whether they are boys or girls."  At least she not only gave me a laugh, but the ultrasound itself tickles like crazy.

I like those kinds of tests..

Big Hugs and hope you feel better,
Heather
thank you so very much for your response and support and encouragement.It means so very much to me.I agree its where i'm heading.I'm looking forward to being tickled, but of couse a little anxious of surgery, could you guys tell me about yours, now i want to know even the hard parts, as I'm pretty stable of a person:),
I've been in a load of pain this evening,pain meds don't seem to be soothing it, but they help me care a little less I guess!
this has,for one thing good, i guess,sidetracked me as towards my "other" issues.I'll be back in the dx ring though!!
you ladies are wonderful,you'll be in my prayers of thanksgiving and for healing to night.
hey, not to brag, but a far away friend called the other night and told me her and her husband were going to play bingo that evevning,I told them i'd pray for them to win, they called and had won 100$, then called me back when they were going again to ask me to pray again,I said I'd pray that the winning be magnified, they called today, they won 1000$,i am overjoyed for them, as they are struggling so, as my friend is very sick with many things and her husband only works at a family dollar.God is Good!! and so are you gals, for in the mists of your own struggles you minister to another.