Multiple Sclerosis Community
legs tingle after walking

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

legs tingle after walking

I have noticed lately that after I walk, whether it is across the parking lot at work or 30 minutes in my neighborhood, I have tingling in my affected leg and foot.  It lasts varying lengths of time and then goes away.  I don't feel it as I'm walking, only when I stop.  Does anybody else experience anything similar?
Yes, I do.  After walking a bit, my Lhermitte's Sign is very intense, but I also get the tingling from the waist down, in both legs, even when I don't flex my neck forward.  It's a tingling/buzzing sensation.  And like you, it seems to come on when I've come to a stop, I'm not aware of it when I'm walking.  I wonder if it is there when I'm walking, I just don't notice it due to the other sensations involved in walking, eg moving my legs, swinging my arms, feet hitting the pavement.  Perhaps the lesser sensation of tingling is more noticeable when all these other distractions stop.  The tingling is not really bothersome nor painful.  Just another regular reminder that I have MS.  
Like doublevision, I get tingling after walking. Mine is in both legs and goes from my waist all the way down to my feet. It is only noticeable after I stop walking not while moving. It subsides after a short while.

I really noticed it recently after a long cross country flight. It was very late and I was exhausted. I didn't feel like waiting for the shuttle service so I walked about a half mile from the airport exit to the long term parking lot with my luggage. Boy were they tingling that night!
Both my legs and feet tingle after I walk, regardless if how short the distance. I am not aware of it when im walking, only when I stop. I would love to know why MS makes this happens too :)
Another ditto, here, too, including L'Hermitte's sign.  Even a little walking can raise our body heat a little.  We might not even notice the temperature increase.  Anyway, this increase in body temp can make our symptoms much more apparent.  I asked my neuro about this, and he says that if these sensory symptoms don't impair our ability to walk/ride/run safely, it's not an issue - they're just sensory symptoms.  If it is an issue, call in for an appointment.

I like riding my bike, and both feet and legs go numb from my toes to my knees.  I can still walk at the end of my ride, even with the numbness.  As my body cools down, the sensation returns to more or less normal.
Thank you everyone.  Glad to know I am not alone.  I hadn't thought about the heat issue as it doesn't seem to matter if I have worked up a sweat or not.  Yesterday was the first time the tingling was really intense, almost painful.  I will add it to the list of things to discuss at my next neuro appointment.  

Take care all!!
Anyone have trouble w/ their eyesight when they get hot?  My eyesight starts to go "gray" and mottled.  That's the only way I can describe it.  

Also start to feel nauseous.

Also start to feel nauseous.
Yes when I'm too warm my double vision creeps back, not enough to be completely double, just sort of blurred.  And I become more aware of my jiggly nystagmus eyes.