Multiple Sclerosis Community
low blood sugar

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

low blood sugar

I have MS and low blood suger is this related or common in MS?
I don't know that hypoglycemia is usually associated with MS or found commonly in MSers.  I've had both myself though.  In my case, I suspect it has a connection to the autonomic nervous system but I've never had a doctor confirm that - never asked them either cause they don't seem to care like  I do.
I also have MS and Hypoglycemia I too don't know if it is related but I wouldn't be surprised if it was as MS effects so many things I am also low vitamin D even with supplements. So the way your body responds and is able to process certain things or lack of ability to process certain things can be an MS thing from what I have personally reseached.  But I to have never asked So your not the only one and I'm glad to hear neither am I.
I have not heard about MS and low blood sugar being related.  I do know that there are many people that have MS and diabetes.  Still the doctor's say they are not related.  I still have the gut feeling that they are related.

Please make sure that your doctor is aware of these times of low blood sugar.  You don't want to take any chances with your health.

Best Wishes,
Heather
Thsnk you so much ! It's nice to know I'm not alone. MS has a way of making you feel that way. I'm sure I'll have more ? 's in the future. Again Thanks, Lizz93
that's so weird ..ive been going thru some test...they say im hypoglycemic and vit d low, my primary dr suspects MS...I had lesions on the white matter of my brain.....I am being sent to the mayo clinic bc the endocrinologist doesn't know why im hypo...etc......I just asked my husband tonight if it all can be related.....this is very interesting to see
Hi, My sister has MS after falling on ice. We noticed she has very low blood sugar. When she eats 6-8 meals a day she walks best. She also found out that when you have low blood sugar your adrenaline kicks in and fatty acids are used up in fat cells and then you get inflamation (inflammation) ie fibrosis. She is taking protein bars and altoids every 4 hours and doing better. I believe also they have glucagon pills. mystry.

Diane