ms and kidney problems
I have had  MS  since  1976.  The  past  1-2 yrs  have had more bladder control problems.  Have been worked up several times and determined I am at stage 4 renal failure.  I am now listed for kidney transplant  and have been doing  peritoneal dialysis for last  4 months.  Recently  my pelvic florr has weakened  and  I hav enow  uterine prolapse  PLUSS  other  things dropping.   Possible facing  colon-rectum surgery????  This is  beyond anything  I was ever tole to expect.  Any ideas?  
I'm really not sure what to say, i would of thought actual renal failure would be highly unusual for MS but having said that, its still quite possible. Both bladder control and pelvic weakness is commonly associated with MS, sometimes surgery is recommended but more a last resort after trying caths and everything else first. I'm not sure about colon-rectum weakness/prolapse issues at all, honestly your story is beyond me and all i really have is an MS informational site thats well worth reading through.

http://www.msif.org/en/about_ms/ms_by_topic/continence/articles/bladder_dysfunct.html

Sorry i couldn't be of more help!

Cheers.....JJ
The things dropping sound like things I've heard of happening to women who have experienced many (or just difficult) pregnancies.  Have your docs suggested that MS is a factor in these things?  Bladder control, yes, but the rest sounds to me as though it could well be from other causes.  As I said somewhere else this morning, I'm no doctor.  Just offering thoughts.
The dropping of organs in the female area is more common than people realize.  It's not that complicated a surgery in the US.  As to how it tracks with MS, I do not know.  I have friends who have had it done.  It connects to pregnancy sometimes.

Do you have a good OB-GYN doctor managing this with your urologist?
You've had a plate full!  
Hi Rabarn,

Thank you so much for joining us. I'm so sorry to hear of the kidney failure. I hope a donor comes to you soon. How are you doing with your MS the obvious bladder problems?

Welcome to our forum. You will see we have newly dx'd, veteran MSers, differential diagnoses, and also undx'd.

See you around,
-Shell