ms with polymyalgia rheumatica
diagnosed in 76 have remitting and am doing well learnt to live with its limitations BUT developed Polymyalgia in sept is there any link? also am having serious flushes (meno finished 20 yrs ago) daily up to 6/7 very uncomfortable...lying in the snow is very inviting!! can any one help??
Welcome. I will have to leave this to my more learned friends I have never even heard of Polymyalgia Rheumatica?

Alex
There is a light at the end of your poly tunnel!  Normally it runs its course and goes away in about 5 years......normally.

In answer to  HVAC's  question, basically its an inflammation that affects the hips and shoulders, usually hitting folks over 50 or 60, determined by blood tests, leaves them stiff, anemic, miserable basically!

Welcome!
Sarah
My Mom and Husband both have PMR... and I have PPMS, from what I've read there is no link.  Unfortunately, although it does go away it ineventability also returns at some point... I hope you feel better soon... the treatment of choice is large doses of prednisone.