Multiple Sclerosis Community
my husband says his legs are always cold

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

My husband in 54, in the past month he complains that the top of his legs are always cold. They are even cold when i feel them. He has the blankets on high but they never seem to warm up? Is this something serious?
Tags: legs
Hi Cyndee, and welcome to the MS forum.

I can't answer your questions with any knowledge.  Does your husband have any other symptoms?  I don't know if cold legs would be an MS symptom or not.

I would suggest that he talk to his general physician and see what he has to say.  It's always best to have these things checked by your dr.

I'm sure others will be on to give you their experience and opinions.  Keep in touch and let us know what you find out.

doni
yes he also gets cramps in them, sometimes he wakes up during the night with them
For my cold feeling:
After 5 months,  alot of blood work, and hard work by my doctor the only thing that has turned up is an active thyroid. Hypothyroidism is what we "think" is the concern. It has been checked 3 times, and twice it was off. My doctor proscribed some medicine(Levothyroxine, lowest dose possible for now- .25 or 25) for 2 months. In 6 weeks we'll do blood work again and see if I still have the inner cold feeling.
I do not have a dx of MS, but I do have one of demylinating disease, a cop out dx.  However, my feet stay so cold they hurt.  I have tried everything including the heating pad.  It does not warm them.

I told my GP and he sent me to the cardiologist for an ABI.  It tests the blood flow in your extremities.  Mine was normal so it appears there is no physical cause for it.  I am trying to learn to live with it.  What your husband is experiencing may be the same thing.  I would tell my doctor as others suggested.  It is always best to rule out physical causes.

terry
Does your husband have MS?

Quix