tremers
does anyone get tremers? Mine are getting worse. what can you do to stop them?
Hi there,

I have tremors too. I have one in my neck that makes my head shake, and a on-again/off-again tremor in my left hand. I was initially given a betablocker (I think that's the name for it) for the head tremor. It did work, but I felt like I'd been hit by a horse tranquilizer. I decided to live with the tremor instead. I find that periods of rest and avoiding excessive caffeine helps. Sometimes, I can go months and years without the tremor (I've had the head tremor for almost ten years), but it seems to be sticking around more and more.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem. Is yours specifically when you are trying to focus or do something? Or does it just happen all the time?

Blessings,
ArmyGirl73
My tremors are off and on - worse when I'm tired, better if I've had some rest.  I've got head tremor too - it's been around for two years.  
yes, i get them. usually around my t-sec and outwards from there. sometimes my hands shake a little for no reason that i can think of.

lower back and tailbone area can have a tremor or two.

the most pronounced are the t-sec ones for me. they are intermittent too
Hi!

Tremor is what sent me to my doctor.  My hands (right one in particular) started shaking so bad that people were asking me if I had Parkinsons.  My dr promptly sent me to the neuro.  I currently take Inderal (betablocker) for it and it works pretty well.  I still have my tremors but they are nowhere near as bad.  

I missed my pill one day a few weeks ago and it was very obvious that I had.  I noticed that besides my right hand, that I had head and leg tremors now as well.  I've been on the betablocker for almost 2 years and had no idea how bad they had gotten.

HTH

ST
I meant that my tremors are nowhere near as bad on the medication, but much worse when I miss my pill.
I have hand tremors that can be quite bad, interfering with eating, etc. Also apparently have slight voice tremor. These have been diagnosed as essential tremor, not related to MS, though they've gotten a lot worse recently. Various meds can cause tremors as well.

I notice that if I lift or carry anything rather heavy, with my arms fully extended (such as a gallon of paint), my entire arm will shake. This happens all the time.

Tremors are very common in MS, but are common in general as well. A good neuro should be able to find the cause.

ess
I had a head tremor that was really bad.  I will still get it when stressed out or tired.  My neuro told me that I was already taking what they treat it with--a beta blocker.  I just had to let it run its course.  
Tremors happen anytime. The other day a full morning. I was driving at one point very scary. My head, hands , legs, eyelids and twitchy all over not fun. Does anyone feel dizzy or your eyes get like you can't control them?
Yes, I get dizzy and my eyes feel out of whack ... I don't know if that has to do with the tremor or what.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Have you seen the doctor about the tremors yet?

Blessings,
ArmyGirl73
I developed a pretty severe right hand tremor and still have it, going on 4 months now.  I tried betablockers, however, they dropped my blood pressure down too  low.  I started taking Primidone over a month ago and it definately helps.  Tremors can be a very embarrassing thing, which was in my case and the constant questions as to what is wrong really got to me.  I still have the tremor and have to increase my dosage twice but definately worth taking a pill everyday instead of having to deal with the constant questions and embarrassment.  
Hi... I have tremors that come and go.. my head will move back and forth at times.  Not sure why it happens... I will have days that it will happen more often then days when it doesn't happen at all.  

I also have hand tremors.. alot more of the time. I get time when I'm watching TV or resting and my arms will jerk out?  Not sure what that is??  That's a new thing for me as well.

take care
wobbly
The neuro gave beta blockers to. this my first day taking them. I will see if this works. She said it is something in my neck thats from MS