Multiple Sclerosis Community
virus make MS symptoms worse?????

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

virus make MS symptoms worse?????

I'm soooooooo tired, and my legs are feeling soooooooo heavy,, worked today and it was HARD  to say the least,  my legs just feel so heavy and weak,, the numbness and tingling is severe,  I really had about a week feeling half way decent.. and now?????

so I just got over the stomach flu,, I do know that infections can make symptoms worse,,, but can a virus??

Ray
Whoo-yeah...  Viruses can bring on a mini-flare.  I had one after my bout with bronchitis.  I suppose it was inevitable - I had a fever for four days.  I got better, then a couple of days later, started feeling really loopy.  Didn't last for more than two days, fortunately.
Glad you are over the flu.  Yuck!

I'm not diagnosed, but it makes sense that what ever ails you will be made worse if your body is facing another illness.

I hope you got some rest after work today.  Someone dipped my legs in cement, but since I work with my fanny plopped in front of the computer, I shouldn't complain!  I think from what I recall you are on your feet more.  Phew!

Happy 4th, and I hope you see a turnaround in symptoms now that the flu is gone!
Thank you guys for posting.. uno its nice when you post a question and wake-up and find that people really do care what your going threw!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((thankyou))))))))))))))

I'm hoping the does not last long,, I do have today off,,, sooooooooooooo glad!!!
however I have to be to work by 630am tomorrow so i'm really hoping this passes soon.

Love you guys
Ray
Hey Sweetie, take it easy today and get lots of rest.  If you are going to be doing anything today do it in moderation.  I'm sorry that you have not been feeling well, it seems its always one thing or another and Sweetie, I only wish I could take it all away for you and make you better.  You are such a dear friend to me and I worry about you.

Love You,

Ada
Hey, there Kiddo!  Any infection can make MS worse.  This includes bacterial infections like urine infections, skin infections, bronchitis or pneumonia, sinusitis or even ear infections.  Or it can mean any kind of viral infection like a cold, influenza, tummy flu, herpes outbreak.  Anything that stimulates the immune system can cause an MS relapse.  

If all your symptoms get worse and stay worse for more than a day, make a note of this in you symptoms diary and point it out to the doctor.  Rest, rest and more rest.  Take care,

Quix