Lumbar puncture headache
Mine is laying down or standing? Why would that be? I never have headaches and now have one 24/7. Thanks
Dear,
As you have headache all the time irrespective of the position, its unlikely that you have lumbar puncture headache, provided there has been no intervention in the spine in the recent past.

Headache following a lumbar puncture is a common and often debilitating syndrome.
Continued leakage of cerebrospinal fluid from a puncture site decreases intracranial pressure, which leads to traction on pain-sensitive intracranial structures. The headache is characteristically postural, often associated with nausea and eye or ear symptoms. Although usually self-limited after a few days, severe postural pain can incapacitate the patient.
In particular, a constant headache appearing or worsening significantly upon assuming the upright position and resolving or improving significantly upon lying down.

A MRI is warranted to rule out any lesions in the brain. In the meanwhile relax and meditate. Consult your neurologist if the headache still persists or increases in severity or pattern.

Take care
Thank you for the reply.  It's just very odd.  I never get headaches, once or twice a year tops.  The day after the lumbar puncture I developed a headache and nausea and it hasn't let up at all.  I also have neck pain and pain in my upper back between my shoulder blades, it's been constant 24/7 from the time I had the lumbar puncture. My head pain is up the back of my head, from my neck and in the top of my head and my forehead. It just seems strange that this started right after the LP and hasn't gotten any better, and the fact that I'm not a headache person.  Is there anything else that can go wrong that would cause head pain like this after an LP that is not the typical LP headache?  Thank you