Nutrition Community
Copper Deficiency, Collars?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Copper Deficiency, Collars?

Could Copper Deficiency be treated by wearing a copper bracelet or collar? I am deficient, but i cannot afford supplementing with pills etc.

Copper supplements are incredibly cheap, but you want to be sure you have the deficiency.  Copper and Zinc are in balance, so be careful you don't deplete your zinc.  Using bracelets won't work.  Again, supplementation is very cheap with this one, and you only need a very small amount.  Or you can research foods that are rich in copper and do it that way.
    Thanks. I had a test at nutritionist and i was deficient in Copper (and chromium) whilst my Zinc was high.
If your zinc was too high that would explain the copper deficiency, as too much zinc leaches copper out of the body.  The solution is to decrease your zinc intake.  If it was just high but normal, then that probably isn't the problem.  But if it's too high, again, you don't need to supplement copper, you need to decrease wherever the excess zinc is coming from.  This is why zinc always has a warning about not taking too much.
Track your weight over time