Nutrition Community
Feeling sick after eating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Feeling sick after eating

I recently have started feeling sick when I am eating and for a while after I am eating. I have no idea why does anyone have any ideas
Does it happen with everything you eat? Can it happen with salad as well as with fatty foods? Do specific kinds of foods trigger it more often?
Could also have something to do with certain medicines you are taking. If you are female birth control can sometimes be a culprit for something like this.
This happened to my sister, and it turned out her gallbladder had stopped working. You can have a HIDA-scan to evaluate the function of your gallbladder.
This also happened to me, and a physical\blood work resulted in my having Hep C, now doing treatment for that health issue, hope your able to get some tests, and the results aren't as serious.
hi, i been reading up on what you have written, and its right since i had a baby in decemer after i eat i feel sick and some times i am sick, and ive seen my gp and ive had blood tests i havent yet got results but my gp told me its a high possibilty that it my pill injection thats making me feel like this, and if it not its my food that im eatting like fatty foods im not over weight or anything infact im under i weight 6.13 and im 5foot 4 and im only 18. so if you feeling ill when eatten its best to get checked out :) x
this happens to me and i haven't been able to find out whats wrong. i have had the birth control injection , but it statred months before having that. help   :(
I don't know what is wrong, but, I have the exact same feeling. I can be really hungry, but, I will eat a couple of bites and I am sick as a dog, and feel so bloated. I have been to doctors and all they tell me is it is stress related. My Naturopath has put me on digestive aides, but, they make me sick too. All the tests they have taken have come back normal too.  I don't care what I eat, drink or take, I get so sick and bloated. I wish someone would find something. I do have a hiatal hernia, so that might be some of my problem, plus, I AM under tremendous stress.

So, you are not alone, if I ever find out what it is, I will let everyone know. I know I am tired of this, it has been going on for over a year.
hi i have been sick during and after eating for the past 2 months. after reading everything you guys have written it all seems we are in a viscous circle of stress related stomach upset. i do believe that the longer we stress the worse it gets and the worse it gets the more we stress especially because it seems no one can help us. i also have sleeplessness and gas that go along with the bloat. has any one figured out anything more about the pill having to do with it? i always seem to get my period before i am supposed to and i get a lot more sick then. if i dont take the pill i wont get my period at all and i break out on my chest. so i take it to regulate things but now i get 2 periods!! has anyone with this taken a no hormone IUD? i was thinking of regulating my hormones with flax/sesame oil does anyone have any info on this?>
I have been experiencing sick feeling after eating - anything. No sickness, until after I eat.  The sick feeling lasts a few hours.  I am planning a move across the country.. so am under stress.. I just wish I could find a way to stop it!
i have been getting all the symptoms that you have. i was actually admitted to hospital for a week due to me not eating and feeling sick all the time. they found nothing through bloods, CT and ultra sounds. they called me a 'mystery girl'.

I am better now, but still feel sick after eating and always seem to have gas... is this a intolerance thing?
I'd go to the doctors to check whether i'm right or not but this sounds similar to what I used to suffer with and I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance.
There are a few things you can do to test this firstly avoid milk completely for a few days and then drink a glass of milk, if the symptoms return then theres your problem.
Alternatively you can go to the doctors where they could do a number of things, they may decide you have that by simply listening to your symptoms, or have you blow into something to sample your breath (can't remember why but I know they look at the level of hydrogen in it)
If this is your problem there's a simple solution; there are tablets in Holland and Baretts that you take before having anything with milk in and they help you digest the lactose, this almost completely stops the symptoms. However they cost £10 a bottle for 60 pills (I think), and they don't last very long depending on the amount of milk is in your diet.
Hope this helps :D
I get exactly the same, whenever i eat something i get a nauseating feeling afterwards and i've had to rush to the toilets too because i've felt like i'm going to be sick. It's a horrible feeling, and i've also been wanting to know what it is for quite some time now. I've been to the doctors about it but he was no help at all, he pressed around on my stomach to feel if everything was okay and he said it was & he doesn't think i have anything physically wrong with me and he told me to check back with him again in january to let him know if i am still getting it. I am positive that i will still be getting this feeling then because i am on no medication whatsoever to cure it. It's rubbish because i don't want to get this feeling when i'm sat down having a nice christmas dinner with my family, so i am thinking of checking back with him sooner. I never look forward to eating, because i know i'm going to get this feeling. It probably doesn't help that i think about the sick feeling i'm going to get before i eat, because that way i am half way there already but i can't help but think about it. Maybe it's just a mind game, i don't know, but i can't stand it for much longer. I am concerned about myself because of this.
After i eat i always need to go loo and i always feel sick i wont to no if this is normal or do i have a eating disorder? x
I have the same thing.  Its terible and I'm tired of it.  Just yesterday I had an upper GI uck.  The dr saw nothing ...they were looking for cancer, bc I had all the symtoms (symptoms).  He said nothings wrong?!  Im realy upset bc I feel terible I try to mask it and get on with dayly things. School, my work keeping a life.  ya know but it hurts so much, I wana lay down.  When ever im up moving around the pain is worse.  Mon. then Wed.  then sat.  i went to the Dr.s 3 times &  I have lost over 12lb.s My stomic hurts so bad any time I try to putfood in me I get full in 3 bites, stomic gets tight and everything everyone eles is saying happens.  I also have like a swollen throut like wear my toncels use to be. Im weak frustrated.  Dr tested me for Mono., Strep. H. pyrio, had upper GI scan.  I go back to dr in two days.  The GI dr said now my family dr will probly look at my gallblater now....what is gooing on bc its effecting everything in my life
i am also feeling sick but the thing is me and my bf of 1 yr had intercourse and the condom broke so the next day i took the morning after pill within 10 hours but they only gave me 1 tablet.... after all of this iv been feeling sick for about a week now... bad ache, hips hurt, earlier in this week i couldnt even get to sleep and i felt dizzy and sick lying down... now i have my period and the first day of it was really painful, even more painful then ever... 2day is the second day will see how i go...
but i feel really hungry and when i eat i feel bloated and sick but not to the point im gana chuck just feel sick.... im wondering if i could be pregnant because when i took the morning after pill i was in the cycle of when its easiest for you to get pregnant and the pill has a least effective chance of working... idk i need help... pls someone know anything? does the pill last 10 days?
I get the same feeling. It was really annoying cus my mum just assumed it was bullemia. However I have a thing called acid reflux which could be a factor to me being sick. THis is a link to a website on it http://www.reflux.org/, you should get yourself checked out cus if it is that it means you should avoid some kinds of food. Also it can mean that you are prone to heart burn and stuff like that.
a few months ago everytime i ate i would feel so sick i would end up vomiting! no i do not have any type of eating disorder i love food which was horrible for me then lol. but i honestly think it was just so much stress. so perhaps you are just very stressed out? if you are you can always try doing more things that you enjoy!
Have any of you been tested for Celiac's Disease or tried going on a gluten free diet? I used to feel sick all the time too after eating. One time, I lost 20 pounds in a single week. I've felt a lot of the symptoms mentioned. I stopped eating gluten (aka wheat) and the symptoms stopped. I feel much better now and have been on a gluten free diet for two years. It's tough and you have to give up a lot of food that you no doubt love, but trust me, feeling better is worth it.
This also happens to me. and It's awful. I am lactose intolerant, but I never used to get this sick, usually only if I have had a lot of dairy that day, which I've been laying off of recently to see if that's what it was, but it's gotten even worse. I try to stay away from fatty foods for health reasons, but it's still getting worse. I thought it might be from dehydration, so I've been increasing my water intake, but it hasn't changed at all.
  I've started to wonder if it could actually be the FOOD that's causing it, and not a medical condition or "sensitive stomach." With all of the fillers in meat products today, and just overall unhealthy food that is out there today, it seems like more and more of us are all getting ill! This is so scary!
There are so many stomach related illnesses.  Lactose Intolerance is actually a common adult-onset issue that most people don't realize.  Food allergies are always the last thing that doctors look for, so I agree with some of the other posts, try changing certain things in your diet for a week and if you feel better you can self-diagnose easily.  One week cut out dairy, one week cut out gluten, one week cut out meat...  You will realize what the trigger is and learn how to adapt your life and live healthier.  Good luck!
For a year now. Everytime i eat wether it's a tiny bit or a fair portion i get very sick. My stomach pops out so much, i cant breathe what so ever it's like this pressure i cant move i cant do anything. I end up throwing it up like my stomach rejects the food and after i throw up i feel great the pains are still there but, i can breathe. I have been to the doctor they told me i have colitis. I have been in and out of the emergency room many times, they told me they dont know. So i had a colonoscopy and they found hemroids. So they set up an appointment for the same thing but, down my throat. I am just wondering what the hell is going on. I know my body and i know when there's something wrong. I also have a golfball cyst on my brain. Osteoarthritis in my back, liver functions are elevated white blood cells are elevated. I always feel sick i never feel good no matter what i do and i am 25 too young to be feeling like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello everyone. I have been feeling like this too. I have been through a huge amount of stress and then I started feeling sick when I ate. Later in the month after this had been happening alot, my menstrual cycle never came. And now Im rather worried. Im about 5ft 4" and have gone down to about 6 stone.

Does anyone have ideas that could help me. I just know how everyone here feels, trust me none of you are alone.

Please help if you have an answe :)
I see that most of you are female. I am 29 and a male and I have been feeling sick and getting headaches after i start eating. I really doesn't matter what I eat. I also don't have my gallbladder. It was taken out over 3 years ago. I also take Welchol everyday for upset stomach after my gallbladder was removed.I am under stress and cant sleep alot. My doc put me on amitriptyline  for headaches and mood. It worked for a little bit but I took my self off a couple of weeks ago because my mood was getting worse and it got scared. Since then my headaches have come back but i dont want to take mood meds for headaches. Can anyone help?
These symptoms started for me a little over two weeks ago and it's gotten very annoying in such a small span of time. Every time I eat, I get nauseous after half an hour later. It could be porridge, burger, salad or whatnot. I've read a few things about lactose intolerance and for the last few months, I've been getting sickly feelings after drinking milk on its own, which is funny because I'm okay with cups of tea and coffee. I've also been under observation for my gallbladder and waiting for my next appointment.

Any suggestions about what I can do to help myself in the mean while?
I am having these same issues as well as everyone else in my 5 unit apartment building we live in. My Doctor cant figure it out either.
I have been getting extreme lower stomach pain for the last few weeks,I put it down to indigestion caused by a new type of bread(linseed and Soya)  i had been eating. Other symptoms i have are nausea, tiredness and on one occasion vomitting. I put this down to intolerance of Linseed as this is when i had the severest reaction and very quickly to.
I thought this was the answer...but it seems not !!  still after i eat anything within a few hrs i feel nauseous,have a small amuont of stomach pain ( feels like it is turning over) and it feels like i want to be sick( although i am not)
  this is really an unpleasant situation to be in....and it seems alot are suffering from reading the above posts.
maybe it is a stomach ulcer?  the symptoms seem to match ??
i suppose until i take myself to the doctors i will have to manage the problem myself.. with antacids and indigestion tablets ..
anybody recommend anything  speaking from there own experience ?
every single time i eat no matter what it is, i feel nauseous, i have only ever vomited once after eating. this has been going on for about 9 years now. i've gone to the doc and they've rann all the tests and scans and have found nothing wrong with me.   9 years is a long time of this, but i beleive it will eventually heal itself. for all of you that suffer i would like to tell you a temporary fix and a method i've came up with over the years.. also i'd like to point out im a male, 21 year old, very slim. sometimes when i feel nauseous after or during eating i take my index finger and thumb, and pinch the skin about 2 inches above my belly button very hard and pull it outwards as far as possible (making it feel like there is almost more room in your stomach. also another method i use is to do things to take your mind off it, for me, i work on one of my cars, or go for a walk, or believe it or not, have sex. all of these things are quick fixes and i hope these method helps someone.  anyhow good luck to all, i beleive all we need to do is give it time.  - Jamie
Hi, I'm a male also, I'm 18 and in college. I got the same feeling as you, and most people here, recently. I'm hungry alot of the time but whenever I go to eat I just feel sick and don't want to eat it at all. I never had anything like this before and it's really irritating because I don't know exactly whats causing it and how to stop it. It could be be from stress and all that but I've been stressed out before and it never happened. I've a feeling it's all in the mind and it's not physical. And I'm nearly positive it's not anorexia because I actually want to eat and not concerned about gaining any weight. I'm going to just head to the doctor and see.
i have had the same exact thing for the past 2 days! im really worried becuase i feel hungry like normal but when i go to eat i feel like im goin to be sick and then i feel sick for ages! im 19 and have lost weight since i stopped taking my contraceptive pill in sept! i dont know if its because i used to eat alot with the pill and now i dont and my body is used to it but its really confusing. i wake up and feel fine but i get alot of flem (phlegm) in my throat that makes me gag and then i eat to make it go and i feel sick! iv been really nervous over the last few days because iv been meeting up with a guy but i get worried ill collapse or feel dizzy because i havent eaten properly. yoghurts and soft stuff i can eat but when it comes to big meals or sandwiches i just cant stomach more then 1-2 bites and i feel physically sick. i had my last period and havent been sexual active since so im not pregnant but im losing weight fast and im worried it will get worse. i no im not anarexic because i love food and i used to eat all the time but just recently i cant eat. i also feel very bloated and like i need to go to the toilet but i cant! i get alot of trapped wind and im not sure if that could be causing it and i burp alot too. im going to make an appointment for the doctors soon if it doesnt go but just wondered if anyone can help.
Thank you
When you say sick, do you mean nauseous? That could be due to insufficient stomach acid and stagnant digestion. Try taking a spoon of apple cider vinegar just before you eat. It worked like a charm for my daughter - and immediately.
my girlfriend has been feeling that way where she feels like she's gonna throw up every time she eats. could that mean she's pregnant or could it jus b stress.
I am getting sick after I eat usually with in a 1/2hr along with that I have also had 1mo that I had my period off and on for 30days going only a day off and it would start again. Another month I had it twice. I had not been sexually active with intercorse for 3yrs until 3/11 and the periods started messing up in beginingof Feb. My stomach getting sick started in April.I had my tubes done in 84 so no way should I be pregnate any ideas??  
I know how everyone feels! I have been dealing with the same issue my entire life. I have gone to doctor after doctor, and no answers. I have given up on going to doctors and just don't eat. I feel better when I don't eat versus when I do. I'm 32 and weigh 104 and slowly withering away.  Because of it, I am anemic: always cold and always fatigue. It's so frustrating, but what can I do but suffer.
Well your all not on your own I have the same thing I had twins 4 months ago and I have had so many problems its unbelievable I get this sickness feeling whilst eating and after but I'm also losing quite alot of hair and I really don't know whats wrong have any of you got any ideas i have so many phobias that i wish i could talk to someone about I have a phobia of being sick I have anxiety and also I'm scared of losing my hair and im also scared of death my body is stressed out to the maximum has anyone got any ideas to hep me it would be appreciated thanx. My name is Leah if you do have any ideas then please e-mail me my address is ***@****
Hi its leah again it looks like i cant leave you all my email address sorry. The advice would still be appreciated thanx
I was this way for 2 years - recently stopped eating garlic and I seem to be doing much better. I also gave up onions. I cooked lunch and dinner with g & o every day. There are some great posts out there that describe symptoms of a garlic allergy. See if they sound familiar. Oh 2 years ago I had my gallbladder removed. They said some things I was allergic to I would be able to eat and some other things I could now not eat.
Funny you should say garlic, I have had this feeling of nausea after I eat for about ahh over a month now. Plus I have that bad breath taste in my mouth, plus I have heart burn all the time. But you mentioned garlic, I've been craving garlic for about 3 months I put it on everything. If I'm not cooking it I have to season it with garlic salt or garlic power. Your comment caught my eye, I'm sooo tired of the MD field test after test after test, doctor after doctor all they want to do is put you on DRUGS!! Try this drug see if it helps, whats up with the medical field now a days. If they are'nt pushing a new drug there sending you to a different doctor. No one wants to diag you they just want to rule out! Went to the dentist the other day and he mention bad breath isnt always cause of your teeth it could be belly problems. Hummm had to get that info from a dentist not a MD!! Guess I'll cut back on the garlic and see if I start to feel better. Thanks for the advise. Sure beats paying a copay! :-)
Hey guys,

It's stress! Stress is a killer! :)

Same thing here. I am under a tremendous amount of stress and when things get bad, I feel like I have morning sickness after eating :) Nauseous and bloated, gas, you name it. I also manage to mess with my menstrual cycle, oftentimes completely skipping a month which then, laughingly, adds to the stress because I believe that I am somehow pregnant!

Note the incredible toll that severe stress and anxiety takes on our bodies! It's time for you to take a look at your diet and exercise and do some meditation or something :) Take a step back and put things that are bothering you into a healthier perspective because after all, life's too short to be stressed out!

If you're really worried, visit your gp, get blood tests done, if only to alleviate some of the stress. You're body will thank you...
For a couple years now I have been feeling nauseated to the point of vomiting after eating every meal! I've been to the docs and he Said it was digestive issues... He put me on miralax and that didn't do anything. My advice to everyone is to sit on the toilet and bend over a little the position your body is in relieves any bloating also keep your head still and either be playing on your phone or texting getting your mind off of it makes it go away! I promise:)
Gabby-16 yrs old:)
This has only happened to me three times over about 2 months time. I am 15 and the recent one happened when I was eating a fatty food that I have eaten plenty of times before. I am eating and then all of a sudden I feel really sick in the stomach and then I puck and it is all better. I want to know if I should tell my doctor.
I been feeling sick after I would eat and one day I didnt eat anything and felt fine but I cant find out why and sonetimes I dont feel hungry at all i dint know what to do
It's funny you mention garlic and onions.  They are common allergens and the offender is usually their organic sulpher (sp?) compound.  [This is not the same as the inorganic sulfa drugs that are prescribed by a doctor.] Do you also have trouble with eggs?...prepared any style or included in a food's ingredients.  If yes, then probably the sulpher compound.  If no, there are a couple of less common allergens in the garlic and onions.  

Here's a funny for you...it is fairly common for someone to crave the food that causes the trouble.  For the treatment of my past conditions, the pulmonist-allergy specialist told me to track and eliminate the craved foods first.  

If you id the offending food/substance, be sure to look for its derivatives...milk, wheat, gluten, etc. go by MANY names on food labels.  Also, look for possible cross contamination in the processing of the food.  Look for the short blurb on the food labels; it often will say something like the following:  processed in the same plant as peanuts, tree nuts and wheat.  

God Bless,
sd

For the past year and a half I've been extremely tired, wanting to sleep all the time, and needing at least 12 hours of sleep and a 4 hour nap during the day for me to be able to function.(I assure you I know that this is not normal)  Just last winter I did get mono, but I felt way different with that.  I am certain that I am over it now, but I have still felt tired.  When all this started, I wasn't stressed at all, and the symptoms didn't change when I actually did get stressed.  I was on an anxiety medication, and I recently got off of that, still no differences.  My thyroid and iron levels are both normal, and I have been tested for diabetes, a gluten allergy, cancer, etc...  Just lately now though, I've been getting really really sick before and for the first couple of days of my period.  

NOW, I have what all you guys have, I'm getting extremely nauseous and weak after eating, yet I get really hungry and shaky if I don't eat.  My stomach is gurgling a lot, like I can feel the food being digested, and I have a lot of gas.  I'm not quite sure what to do!  I've had a bottle of water and a bucket near me for the past couple of days, and I haven't been able to do anything but sleep.  I'm not sexually active, nor have I ever been on birth control.  I seriously hope it's not my gall bladder like some of you have mentioned.
Try eating things that do not have a high fat content. You can clear your system out by eating some bran cereal in prune juice, probably will not taste great but it will do the job. From there just watch what you eat and the quantity of it, and no that does not mean a complete revamp of your diet lol. This weekend just try sticking to salads, veggies, fruit, and maybe meat like chicken (not fried) just so your body can recoop.
am i the only man here cause i have the same problem, like today i didnt eat anything then after a couple of beers i felt  hungry and so i got a bowl of chilli my dad had cooked with some rice, i only got about halfway through and i started to feel reallly ill and full. I can't eat breakfast as it used to be otherwise i start to burp and gag sometimes i burp up vomit :/ and if i do eat its about 2-3 of feeling like **** before i can get on with my day :(
i have a hiatus hernia no matter what i eat im violently sick my consultant wont take it out till ive lost some weight he also said to eat small portions done that still no diffrence cant even go out for meals too embarassing so glad that ive found some one else with the same problem E,WEBSTER
I am feeling sick shortly after I eat constantly. its multiple foods too like healthy foods. The only thing I dont get sick off of is cereal, salad and fruits. this is Getting very annoying and I can't get any work done feeling this way. I also am on the pill I recently switched so that could be an explanation but I feel its more complex than that.
have you had a Hida scan to check gallbladder.  i get sick after eating and i will have Hida Scan in near future.
march 3,2011 i started with diarrhea, april i went to gastroenterologist, dx: chronic duodenitis, no lab done, he gave me rx: bentyl and $10,000.00 bill for endoscopy and colonoscopy.  july2011 went to new medical dr. who did
a very good medical work up, blood lab showed i have H-pylori, took amoxicillin, still sick 8/2011 went to new GI who dx: bacterial overgrowth of small intestines,ask about cheesy white stringy stuffi pass in bowels, he said it was mucus?rx: bentyl and probiotics...9/2011 still sick cannot eat.
on my own called a general surgeon i have known a long time, and who does colonoscopy, he has 38 yrs. experience and listened when i said i pass white cheesy stuff in stools, said he thoughtgallbladder& fungal infection  rx: diflucan. i feel better but know something is still wrong. i get nauseated after eating and pass gas. i was in er last week, rx pepcid, MD said pepcid is very good product.  i take 10mg, if feel really bad take 20mg.
in 2 weeks i will have Hida scan to see if it is my gallbladder.  I have never been this sick this long before.  so far i have lost 12lbs.  but hope my problem is my gallbladder.  at least it can be removed.....
i feel better ater taking
sick

11YR OLD girl sick/feeling sick hungry coz she can't eat more than couple bites food.sore stomach,now for 4wks.she had a lump Got checked it was blocked glands from head to neck was told she Got anti biotics helped she started sickness well before anti biotics but prior she had swelling pain for wks in knees.now she has another spongy round swollen lump in top thigh .she been v.tired ,for wks,headaches dizzy sick feeling constantly any suggetions?

i have been having a lot of these symptoms too. im a 17 year old girl from sydney australia currently doing my year 12 hsc. i have never had anything like this before except when i was pregnant and had to have an abortion a few months ago. but i know im not pregnant cos i got the contraceptive injection recently to make sure i dont get knocked up again! but since about 2 weeks ago i started having really bad issues with my boyfriend, we broke up, and then my HSC started and ive been feeling quite stressed. i try to eat small portions during the day but constantly feel sick, 24-7, since the moment i wake up till the moment i go to bed, i dont feel well. i am constantly burping, i feel hungry but as soon as i try and eat something, nomatter what i try eating i still feel sick and even when i eat a sufficient meal i still feel sick so i never overcome the nauseousness or feel full. i know im not anorexic cos i love food and want to put on weight cos im skinny! someone please help cos i hate feeling this way :(
You should get checked for SIBO..small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. Ask your GI doc I bet its that. Or IBS or both. You should follow a low Fodmap diet it. Google it..it has helped me. You should also get a colonoscopy DEMAND one from your GI
I have steadily gotten worse over time.  I started out with Lactose Intolerance after having my daughter 14 years ago.  I drank a lot of milk while pregnant which may have done it.  After a while, I started having a lot of gas and felt ill often.  I was using Lactaid pills for the LI, so that wasn't it.  I had an endoscopy, colonoscopy and my gallbladder checked.  I was checked for H. Pyloi and all the other blood tests were done.  Everything came up normal.  I read that one digestive issue general leads to others down the road.  I was told I have IBS, which is what they call it when they rule everything else out.  I feel sick after eating mostly anything.  I especially have issues with any meat or nuts (protein), fruits, and some vegetables.  I seem to be able to digest white pastas and cereals (no wheat or bran) the easiest in small portions.  I was given Bentyl and take over the counter probiotics.  My doctor said perscription probiotics are regulated and contain less filler ingredients and so are better than unregulated over the counter probiotics.  I take magnesium, vitamin C, and occasionally Miralax (also perscribed).  I make sure that all my vitamin supplements are milk free, gluten free, etc.  I don't take birth control pills, but take other perscriptions that I read may cause stomach upset.  I tried going gluten free.  That didn't seem to make a difference.  I heard on a program that apples can be sprayed with preservatives for up to a year in a warehouse before being shipped to stores.  With all the stuff companies are allowed to put in our food, you have to wonder what the side effects of that stuff are.  I have heard a lot of people are becoming allergic or intolerant to food dyes and can't have anything with red dye added for example or they get really sick.  They can't even have "natural" foods that are red.  I am considering giving the theory of food combining a shot.  Open to other suggestions too.  I have read that charcoal supplements help with gas.  I have also used Platinum Digestive supplements made by NOW Vitamins.  That seemed to help digest difficult to digest foods more than anything else I have tried.  Fennel seeds, also available in pills, are supposed to soothe the stomach and prevent spasms.  It has helped, but not 100%.  I tried Valerian Root supplements.  That didn't work at all.  There are other herbal things that you can try.  Different things may work for different people.
hello my name is courtney and this minght be because you have sickness and diaria x
I am 54 years old. No stress except over my current condition. I get nauseous and a 'full' feeling whenever I eat. No gas, no runs, no heartburn, no reflux. Sometimes a migraine. It makes no difference what I eat and my diet consists of mini healthy meals several times a day. I have been to my regular doctor and my gastro, had the blood tests, upper GI (barium swallow), ultrasound, endoscopy, colonoscopy etc. and everything came back normal. My doctors have no idea what's wrong. I've lost 35 pounds in two months and am missing a lot of work due to this.
Hi all,
I am a 14 year old who has been having the same problems for the last few weeks. My issues are not pregnancy related, and I have a few suggestions for those in similar positions.
I would suggest seeing a pathologist for a urea breath test, which can show any bacteria in the stomach which can cause ulcers.
Another cause is stress, as many other people have said. It can be because of a past experience or the conditions you are in because of work or school. For temporary relief, I would recommend drinks such as soda water or lemonade, as the gas can often help to settle the stomach. Alternatively, drinking Eno salts mixed with water can be effective.
I wish you all the best of luck!
This is strange we are suffering from Almost the same thing. I feel sick after eating, my period keeps coming early, I easily sleep til 3pm and have to force myself to wake up.   I'm not on any meds and not under any stress. Help?
I have been having the same problem for about 2 weeks now... Every time i eat anything I feel sick and bloated I have vomit several times after eating and it has had a strong bile taste.. Unlike many of you I have not been able to sleep easy. I have been in great pain through out the night and i am constantly tossing and turning to get comfortable... I have also been having diarrhea .... about 9 yrs ago I had similar problems ... I went to the doctor and they did a Gastrol scoping they said i had small polyps in my gallbladder they said it was nothing to worry about. Could this be the same thing??
..Also the bloating that im getting now is in the upper part of my stomach just below the rib cage... If anyone knows what this is or what causes it please let me know
I have the same feeling. I got pregnant and had a baby in 2010 . Had the stomach virus this past summer and ever since then I would feel sick. I recently got a job at a shoe store and I feel sick working too. When I eat after a few bites I feel nauseous. I am on birth control too and since I've started taking it it seem like I eat less and less:( in tired all the time even after I wake up in the morning. I take care of my daughter and niece in the morning and I start work at 4pm and get home around 10.

Idk what's going on with my body. It ***** cause I can't do anything with my daughter sometimes:(
I am a sixteen year old girl, and recently no matter what I eat or how much I feel sick to my stomach for hours, even through the night. My last period is late, however I am not sexually active, and they are very irregular. I can never seem to eat anything, and at times I get to feeling like my stomach is in knots. I feel extremely tired and want to sleep for a really long time, longer than most people my age. I am not on any medications, and I really just want to know what is going on. It isn't stress, because I do not feel stressed, and this has been going on for about two months now. I am hardly ever sick and I haven't been to the doctor in maybe a year and a half... I really hope this is nothing serious, but I would love to know what is going on.
I'm 20 and for the past month I'm eating things I've never been interested in before but they make me feel so sick! But I can't help but want to eat them, even when I eat things I'm used to for hours after I feel sick, and most days not long after I've woke I rush to the toilet to be sick but nothing comes up I just gag a lot what's up?? Help xx
I always feel nauseous after I eat and its growing annoying. I am only 15 and my mother doesn't take it too serious. It's not that she doesn't care, it's just the fact that I always complain that something is wrong with me. I am not sure what to do.
hey i have kind of the same problem im a 17year old lad from England i play football and other sports and now when i eat i feel sick it doesn't always have to be much like earlier i tryed to eat salad but it happens and the other day i got half way through a packet of crisps roll and felt sick agen :/ its not just feeling sick though when it happens i also lose my breath fast,feel sick,have wind,get itchy,and i have hot and cold flushes :( i really need some advice on what to do and should i buck my self into the doctors about this problem? please message back if you have had the same problems
I am a 28 year old male and have been experiencing the exact same thing as lolagirl145(post made on 21 Aug 2011).
I also had a mono (epstein-barr virus infection) in august this year before the symptoms started presenting. I also had whopping cough and streptococcus at the same time. It seemed I never really recovered fully and eventually it had progressed to theses internal pains over the last two or so months. It started off as some pain just below my rib cage on the left next to my sternum. I was also extremly tired on exertion or soon after eating, I lost my appetite entirely for about a week but then regained it, howver I am still in pain after eating.It seems to come and go in waves.
Docs have run almost every test under the sun and haven't found anything clinically wrong with me so far. I have also been experiencing some heart attack like symptoms which have caused me to collapse on occasions with minor activity such as walking around throughout the day.I'm going to have a consultation with a cardiologist about these symptoms aswell,as I've already seen every other specialist appart from a chronic fatigue specialist. I used to be one of the fittest, most active and motivated person you'd ever come across. Now I struggle with basic things. Docs can only put it down to a post viral fatigue so far, but I am determined to find out the cause of this. There must be something simple that is overlooked or not seen using the current methods used to diagnose problems. For example if someone says they have pain whilst walking around after eating then why are the scans done whilst laying down??? You must replicate the exact scenario in order to find the issue. I have noticed medical staff normally do the opposite. Let me know if you have found the issue or a cure. I have a far fetched theory but i'm not sure if it's a possibility, here it is. I believe that in my case the diaphram may be damaged or has somehow been detached from the stomach for what ever reason (bacterial infection/trauma/unknown). When I eat my stomach expands and is moving about more freely the abdominal cavity. It may then be pressing up against the heart or some arteries which is placing pressure on those arteries, for example arteries that may be feeding the bowel to allow for correct digestion, or possibly any other arteries, but i'm not sure exactly. but I think it's as good as any other guesses the Docs have had. A question I have to all, were you all happy in most aspect of your lives prior to this illness setting in???
I can't explain why you're feeling sick, because I feel the same way but it just started the last few days and I have no clue what it is, BUT, I will say that you could be losing your hair because it's very common for a mother to lose large amounts of hair starting 3 months after delivery.  I have an 18 month old boy and when he was about 3-4 months I started losing hair.  It seemed like huge chunks were falling out at a time but eventually it stopped and my hair grew back.  It actually looked like I was starting to get a receding hairline!! I was so scared, but just wanted to let you know that could be the cause of your hair loss.  Hope you're feeling better, and let me know if you ever find out what was causing your stomach issues.
I too have the same symptoms and when i checked with my doctor he told to cleanser my stomach becasue the symptoms are occurring becasue of parasites present in the stomach. So after that i am feeling better now.
I have been going thru the same crap!! Last year, around this time, is when it started.  After having a cat scan they found that I had a paraesophigeal hernia and it was bad!! The doctors thought this was the problem and in Jan I had the hernia fixed.  One of the things about this hernia surgery you CAN NOT throw up ever!!! I still have the pain, still have the nausia (so bad!!) but I cant throw up.  When you cant throw up, the pain from the nausia is over the top!!! I have lost 40 pounds this year and am suffering every day.  I can't beleive that there are so many people out there suffering with the same thing and no one has answers!!! It scares me to death!  I read about a lady that had severe delayed digestion (which I also have) and they had to put in a gastric pace maker to help her.  Who knows!?!?! My GP doc thought it was depression/stress and put me on an antidepressant.  NOT WORKING EITHER!! Not much looking forward to the food part of Christmas that is for sure.
same kind of thing here too, even after eating a small amount I feel way over full and feel the need to vomit, and I often do, and then I feel hungry again. it only seems to happen when I'm inactive and not when i'm doing stuff like work or exercise.    I had surgery about a year ago to have my gaul bladder removed, I think that may have somthing to do with it.  I havent lost weight or anything but it is a very uncomfortable feeling and I feel a little bad about wasting food that way.
Hey i have been feeling the same way. I thought i was preganant but it comes with anxiety too. I have been worrying a lot cause i don't know what it is. But i just got on the depo shot. (birth control). Do you think that could be it??
Over the last couple weeks I have noticed that I am experiencing post eating nausea and extreme sleepiness. On some occassions its so bad I really think I am going to throw up. It doesn't matter what I eat. The last two nights I have fallen asleep on the couch almost immediately after eating (for hours!). This is bad because I have a 15 month old son and a husband to take care of. I don't feel like I am under an abnormal amount of stress that could be causing it. And I know 110% I am not pregnant (I am actually on my period now). I don't have health insurance so a doctor visit is not in my future... I just wish I could pinpoint the culprit. I have read through all these posts and see a lot of similarities. I seriously just want to detox my body and see if that helps.
i'm actually having the same problem right now. i feel really sick after eating anything, no matter how hungry i am. ive told my parents but they just brush it off, because they automatically assume im making it up or it will go away after a few days or weeks, so they wont take me to the doctor without making a big deal out of it. what should i do?
you should look into celiac disease. ive been having this same issue and your symptoms seem to add up.
After eating I become tired and depressed, almost to the point of suicidal thoughts! I don't understand what the deal is with food(any food, whether it be lettuce, milk, meat, oatmeal, don't matter, once the substance hits the belly I die..). It makes me weak and my body hurts all over, sometimes I can't think or even move without great effort. I find that during periods of fasting, up to 24 hours, I become super happy and life is awesome. It's strange, I don't know of any allergies, but one common theme I see here is stress amongst us all perhaps we need to relax?
This is very worrying, you need to see a doctor ASAP! It sounds like a sign of depression.  I have been sick for months now when eating, again no certain foods. I have lost so much weight I'm 7stone 3 now at 5ft7. I get headaches, heart palpitations, can't fall asleep in the nights yet I can't wake up in the mornings. The doctors have run every test possible and said its nothing physical and wondered if it's depression. Although I thought I felt the same as always I realised I have probably had depression for 6 years. I stopped seeing friends so much, started getting heart palpitations then and joint aches plus I became irritable and a nightmare to be around.  Since having a baby 10 months ago I'm guessing the added stress and hormones have contributed to a worsening of the symptoms.  I think anyone suffering from weight loss and unexplained nausea should at least think about that, as I never would have said that I was depressed but now it makes complete sense.
I am with u I think it is the precooked for they sell in the restaurant now days but  this happen to me every time i eat and I can't go to the doctor  can't afford it
Afew months ago I posted about some issues I was having after eating,a long with a heap of other systemic problems, heart, brain,back, skin, you name it. I continued my own research and continued to see doctore every day with no answers. I eventually figured it out and asked the doctors to test me for" Lyme disease". They didn't believe I had it, but they ran the test anyway, turns out I was right!!! It gave me gastritis, pericarditis, vasculitis, muscle and joint problems, muscle twitching, fatigue, headaches, skin conditions and the list goes on. (It may eventually turn into MS or alzheimers etc.)
As Lyme disease comes with a whole bunch of other infections you should be tested for the following.Get your selves tested for the following diseases: Lyme disease, bartinella, rickettsia, babesia, ehrlichiosis and all forms of worms known to man. I would be suprised if any of you dont come back with a positive for at least one of these.
Remember that only around 30-50% of people who get the test for lyme disease will come back negative even if they do have the disease. You doctor should trial you on a course of antibiotics for at least six weeks minimum.for suspected lyme disease to see what happens. The recommended 4 week course of doxycycline 100mg bd per day does not work in later stages of the disease eg (after 4 weeks of infection). Start on amoxyl 500mg, 3 times per day for at least six weeks, you will notice an adverse reaction such as muscle twitching and strange sensations through the body either in the first couple of hours or first couple of days, depending on the severity of the disease. Then trial 4 weeks of bi-cillin LA intramuscular shots twice per week. Metronidazole may also be used to good effect in killing the cystic form of lyme and may be used in conjuction with Bi-cilin LA shots.Then finish with 6 weeks of doxycycline 400mg per day. Make sure you take a pro-biotic morning and night aswell the whole time. Make sure you attempt to get an appointment with a Lyme literate  Doctor in the mean time whilst your GP is treating you, as you may need intravenous antibiotics if the disease has spread to the nervous system.
I hope you can all benefit from this, In the mean time, do some reasearch into some other natural products that will help you along the way. Co-enzyme Q-10 will help out a bit with any heart or vascular related symptoms, and make sure you nap for an hour around midday, it makes a big difference in recovery. It's a long road to recovery if you are severely infected, but you do improve significantly. Goodluck to all.
ive been getting very sick...when i woke up this moring i felt fine then ate cereal and and then immediately threw up...i have stomach pains all the time but i dont know what it could be i do no have a galll bladder or appendix..pllease help
You are having gallbladder issues.  Your family doctor will find that if he's going to pursue your gallbaldder.  But from doing research on why I feel nauseous after eating, it always comes back to the gallbladder.  One symptom of the disease is pain, and you have that too.   Good luck!
Hi , I have been having the same problems recently, I eat then after I feel sick and my tummy gets bloated and really tender , I am under a lot of stress with course work at the moment, but have never suffered like this ...Soo not sure ...my mum says it may be my gall bladder as my nan suffered the same...I am not gettin worried...as the pain gets so bad ...I don't even want to eat as I can't cope
I had my gallbladder removed back in January it's been 3 months gone and now all I feel is sick all the time and tender when I push my stomach in but the only thing is the sickness all the time it's driving me nuts has anyone had anything like this ?? And no I'm no preggers :D
sassy,

did you ever get a resolution to this, I am doing research now because I too am sick when I eat - wondering what you ever found out - doctors only have done initial blood, gastro doc says I might have food allergies to "trial and error" my diet - your thoughts?
Have you had your Thyroid checked? Might be underactive. ??
A few weeks ago, I was feeling fine.Then about a week ago, I had some watery stool, that was yellow. I had been eating allot of rice and kind of thought that might have been the culprit. That has stopped, but my stomach, (upper) has been very upset and it's worse when I eat. I haven't vomited, but sometimes I feel like I could. I also feel kind of weak and shakey (shaky) sometimes. I try to eat anyway, so I don't get into trouble for not eating, but I really feel like crap. Anyone have this before?
Obviously there are many different possible causes and reasons for feeling sick after you eat.  Consider this - have any of you felt sick after taking pills?  Especially on an empty stomach?  Anyone felt sick after exercising?  I have noticed that if my metabolism gets jacked up quickly it will make me feel sick.  Diet pills will do this too.  My sick feeling usually happens in the morning after breakfast (no -I'm not pregnant) when my blood sugar is the lowest.  Yes, I have been checked for blood sugar problems as well and I'm fine.

Blood sugar is what fuels our body and metabolism regulates how quickly our body works.  Give your car gas and the motor revs.  Feed your body and your metabolism revs.  When I get that sick feeling I usually ate too fast and probably too much.  For some, its WHAT they eat (carbs and fats will boost your blood sugar even more).  Try eating smaller meals more often to keep your blood sugar even and your metabolism chugging away at a steady pace.

Good luck!
I have felt like this for years, bUt have given up with goin to doctors because sick of feelin like they are talkin down to me as they can never find anything wrong! I am 23 and have 2 children, everytime i eat i feel sick to my stomach
Wow. I could cry by reading your stories! I have been increasingly sick for months....and quite randomly over the last 10 years. Stress has been a huge burden in my life for at least that many years. I am 29, with very little quality of life left at this point. I'm going through a list of specialists and testing now....been tested for many things over the years. Large hiatus hernia and ruined esophagus from days to weeks of non stop vommitting leading to hospitalization or long er stays. I have been able to narrow down that this intense  vommitting has occurred while going to get or have my period. Since march I have not had more than two days per month that my symptoms are not there at all. So, as you can imagine, it's nice to hear that stress really can cause this and that others do suffer from this too. I'm not alone
I've been breaking down, unable to finish my social worker degree...unable to hold a job.... Somedays unable to be a mother....maybe for a week at a time.
How do you get rid of or learn to cope with the continuous stress ?
You shouldnt be feeling the way you do, not at your age. Just make sure your doctor checks everything that they think could be wrong. Tell them to run all the test they can. There are alot of things that get diagnosed wrong. Just keep having test run. Good luck to you and God bless.
hi guys, i read through nearly all of these answers because i've been feeling sick after eating even a couple of bites of food. i don't know what it's about but it's really annoying me. as well as that, i can go three days without eating or feeling hungry which i don't think is normal. anyone now what that's about???  i saw quite a few comments on the sick feeling being stress related. i don't think i'm stressed but whenever i get the sick feeling i feel like i'm going to cry. people have asked me if i get hot flushes or feel cold & maybe it's a virus but i don't think so, it's been going on for a few months now but recently it started getting worse...anyone with any answers, PLEASE let me know.  
im 16 and i feel sick like everytime im done eating, no matter what it is and i have no idea why?? does anyone have any idea why, because i really dont???!!?!?!?!? :/
I have this problem as well,i also get pain in my lower right hand side of my back when i eat,my doc is senting me to see a consultanti have has a gallbladder stone for 6yrs so not sure if that is the problem.
could be a tape worm bring it up with your docter they may do some test
I had the same problem (never hospitalized though I probably should have been due to intense dehydration etc). It got to the point where I would literally eat 2 bites of a meal and instantly start feeling ill. Sometimes it occurred even at the thought of eating. I'm not overweight or selfconscious about my image or anything like that. I have always been active, a dancer, great social life etc. I went to the doctor for many tests, did trial runs of different gastrointestinal meds to supress the acid etc. Finally I went to a different doctor who suggested it may be a case of "nervous stomach". Often times it begins with a stomach bug which makes you feel ill after eating, but then it turns into being nervous every time you go to eat as there is the worry of becoming ill. Anxiety runs in my family.. and so I was started on anxiety medication as a trial. It worked! For 3 years I had not had the issue once while on the medication.
As a test, I went off the medication to see if I could live pill free and sure enough as soon as I was completely off them the stomach issues started up again.
Not everyone is willing to use medication, especially if you don't have insurance. However I felt like it was worth the money to save me all the suffering.
Good luck.
Back in May I was hospitalized for Gastritis for a week.  After getting out of the hospital I still felt nauseous for about a week.  I had a endoscopy done to make sure there was nothing else going on and my test turned out negative.  Now for the past month I have been extremely dizzy and feeling nauseous after I eat and I can eat just a little food.  In the past week I have lost 7 lbs.  When I am off from work I stay in the bed due to the dizziness and nausea.  I force myself out of bed when I have to work.  It is such a miserable feeling to have to be up for 8 hours with these symptoms.  My doctor keeps telling me that everything is ok.  
this happens to me for almost a week now,only few bites,then i feel nausea to the point that i can vomit.i cant even look at the food!but i swear i am so hungry and i want to gain weight real bad.but yeah,the first day this happen is when i had dream bout my ex gf,then suddenly miss her,breakdown and depress.worst part,i try to reach her and i got nothing.maybe devastation causes this.well,i deserve this,but how long will it last?fsmr,this is your fault!
If you guys are getting birth control injections, you're idiots. Do you know how terrible hormone injections are for you? I'm sure your doctor suggested it, but I'm also sure that your doctor was concerned about solving other issues you were having and didn't consider other health problems that you might find concerning. I'm so disappointed to read that a lot of you are injecting yourselves with hormones. It's already bad enough that women take the responsibility of birth control when it has dangerous hormones. There are bc's out there for men that are reversible and non-hormonal, plus cheaper in the long run. I can't believe you would blindly take a birth control without doing research. Well if that's the case, I guess I'm glad you are on birth control so that you don't reproduce. Just lay down for a man and your doctor, just blindly follow what they say, go ahead. Get off the injections. You'll be glad you did when you are older. This goes beyond nausea. I'm so disappointed. I hoped that women were smarter than this. No wonder I feel so alone in this world.
Your description of symptoms sounds like a gluten sensitivity....maybe try gluten free and see if that eliminates your issue.
I have had the paraguard 3 times. Never had any issues, never. I have just the last 2 weeks started to feel sick, gassy abd bloated after I eat anything. I am under a lot of stress as well.  I have had all types of blood work done for other things and I check out with a clean bill of health, but Im always tired have headaches and now I have this.
Good luck ladies
Hi I have been reading the comments and use sound like what I have a thing called gord, reflux. It started happening after I had my second child , I have had it for about 2 years now I can't eat big meals or real heavy foods an if I do have to take my time to chew . But one thing that does help is mylanta if I spelt it right . But try to eat smaller meals an  if u r like me cut down on the coffee . Good luck.
youre a ********* a keep whiteyin even tho am stervin
This has been my entire life sadly(now 17 and graduated highschool), never really ate anything because of it. Occasionally I get a month or maybe more where I won't feel sick - which are the best months EVER - after or during meals. I find that burping actually helps sometimes when I'm feeling sick and about to throw up. If you still can't find your answer switch doctors. Find a good doctor that doesn't just throw random prescriptions at you.
I used to get the same feeling.  I underwent ultrasounds and blood tests but there were never any results that could point to why I felt nauseous.  I used to travel alot. On one long flight I was bored and started to read the in-flight magazine.  There was an article on the effects of caffeine.  I was just browsing through it, not taking it all that seriously.  I came to the section that listed "less common side effects".  There in black and white I read "nausea"!!!!  From that moment I stopped drinking coffee.  The nausea went away.  About two years later I started drinking coffee again.  At first I felt fine.  But after awhile the nausea came back.  Sure enough, when I stopped drinking coffee I stopped feeling nauseous.  I tested it many times.  Interestingly enough, I did not get the same feeling with tea, so I became an avid tea drinker.  Lately I have been starting to feel nauseous again and have thought that perhaps the accumulation of caffeine from the tea is finally taking its  toll.  So I will stop having tea for awhile.  There was no feeling of being bloated so for those of you who have that feeling this may not be for you.  But for those of you who simply have the nauseous feeling and the doctors can't figure out what it is, try giving up caffeine for awhile and see if it makes you feel better.  Just a thought, good luck!
I have been feeling sick after eating anything for over a month now. I don't eat fatty foods or anything. I'm twenty and usually weigh about 105, but have been losing weight since I started feeling sick. I'm never actually throwing up, but my stomach cramps and it makes me feel like crap for a few hours after eating. Went to the dr and they did an ultrasound of my gallbladder. Still waiting on the results.
ok here is my story,i am male 48 years old,about 20 years ago i got a take away pizza about 2 hours after eating the pizza i felt the sickest i have ever felt in my life and was up all night with the feeling,i have a phobia of throwing up so you can imagine the nightmare i was going through,panic attacks etc,anyway for the following 2 weeks i couldnt eat a thing and could only have sips of water because anything would make me feel sick or bloated,i had endless tests done and was told i had ibs iritable bowel syndrome,was given tablets and drinks to ease the movements of my bowel but didnt help..today i am still suffering anyting i eat or drink makes me feel ill about 1/2 hour afterwards and can last for up to 3 hours,during this time i have constant panic attacks because i still have the vomitting phobia,i have no life outside the house,also after eating my stomach will feel like a washing machine on full spin and i have to go to the toilet with chronic diarrhea,a lot of the time this will ease the sickness felling,other days i wont eat at all because as soon as i wake up i feel sick,another thing is after these episodes my body feels so drained that i have to sleep,ive changed doctors 4 times recently and they have all told me its stress related,to be honest i would rather die now than have to carry on living my life in this way,sorry its not much help to anyone i just wanted to share my story with you all,it kinda takes my mind off things,
I feel like this too. I went to the ER one day because of chest pains. They checked my blood and found out I  had elevated liver enzymes and white blood cell count. Have you found out anything yet?
http://www.theholykale.com/2012/03/the-birth-control-pill/

Hey ladies i noticed most of you are on the pill like myself i have all these problems too. Have a read of the above article it might make u re think about what the pill is really doing to your mind and bodies.
hey guys.  Im a male here, just pointing this out, because I see a lot of females in this thread, and think that some of the issues or causes are different for both.  I have been with my girlfriend for a while now, who suffers from an eating disorder.  I've been helping her alot to make it through day to day, so I'm involved a lot in her recovery.  now that's another story.. bottom line is though i have been stressed. Now I've never had a huge appetite.  I'm 5'4" and weigh about 130- 135 lbs and always been that way. Lately, like in the last month, i've been eating less than usual and I find it's because I get horribly naseous everytime i put ANYTHING into my mouth and I ave NO idea why because I love food. The other day I only ate a small portion of pasta and i had to shove the food down my throat and sit quietly and suppress the urge to vomit in order to finish it.  I'm positive I don't have an eating disorder, because if theres one thing I've learned from my girlfriend's recover, its that it doesn't work that way.. And besides I'm not concious of my image and don't have distorted body image.  I really want to know whats going on because I have dropped down to about 122 lbs, I feel like ****, and I get serious hunger pains, the second I eat I feel nauseous, and when I stop eating I immediately feel hunger pain again.  

I really would like some insight , I can't go on like this , it's especially hard to be strong for my loved one, when I can't even finish a plate of my favorite food.

Help.
Hi I have been reading 4 years ago after having my 2nd child I developed an eating disorder I did not make my self sick though I just stopped eating I went really skinny n pale then 6 months later got caught preggy again but I lost the baby think it was due to not eating then I got caught again with my little boy I still did not eat very well he is now 2 I have just had a little girl were wen I was preggy I could eat loads she is now 5 months old I am on the none hormone pill but everytime I eat I feel sick get wind n I also feel hungary which is strange but I have a big phobia of been sick I take vit tabs aswell I go from 4 days to a week with out eating cause I feel better for it but then I get like borking feel cause I am that hungary but every time I eat I feel ill n I hate it espec wen I got 4 kids to deal with n I am only 24 I only eat little portions I can not hack a big meal even salad makes me feel like this its so upsetting as I dont wanna go bk to my eating disorder I have my kids to think of any advice please n I always come on my period earlier then I should aswell I hate it x
Before I eat or even when I don't think about eating I feel sick, headack, tummy in nots and vary light headed all the time.... No matter what I eat or drink or whatever nothing helps and I don't take any med's so this is confusing me and I don't want to live like this anymore I can barely walk cause of all this business... I hope someone figures this out
I feel so sick about half way through eating and haven't seen a doctor. These issues are not pregnancy related. The sick feeling goes on for a couple hours. I sleep until noon every day and have to force myself awake. I had mono 6 months ago, and whooping cough this month. (I know, I get sick alot) I do not get vaccinated if that matters. I am on no medication and am 15 years old. Many people have blamed it on stress, and I have a slight feeling that may be the reason. Please help me out. I am under 18 as well (I don't know if it could be something only younger people get.)
I also have felt this way for almost a year now. I am a 32 year old male in New York. After experiencing the same symptoms over and over i decided i must be diabetic as it runs in my family, i started eating healthier, cut out all processed foods and all sugars entirely. I lost 50 pounds in one month alone. It did make me feel better, but only temporarily. After going to several doctors and getting Diabetes ruled out, i was told it was stress or anxiety, which can also cause such symptoms. If you knew me, you would never even suggest these as i am very laid back and a pretty positive person. Being desperate i listened to the doctors and went on the medication prescribed to me. What a mistake. It just started a whole new set of problems. Can you believe the anti-anxiety medication made me anxious and very angry all the time. Ive since stopped taking those pills and my mood has gone to normal but my symptoms still persist. Unfortunately a lot of common illnesses have similar symptoms and theres nothing a doctor isnt willing to throw a pill at. Ive learned to just deal with it and target the things that make me sick. It just takes a little discipline. First off, i dont feel sick after every meal, maybe once a week with no visible trigger. But when i do get ill, im laid out. I can barely even make it to the bathroom to urinate. Ive done all the research from B12 deficiency to Gall bladder, hypothyroidism, celiac disease, you name it. As mentioned earlier, all these illnesses have  the same symptoms which makes it frustrating for both you and your doctor. The only advice i can give you is CUT OUT ALL PROCESSED FOODS! No fast food, no refined sugars, nothing. Cook everything yourself so you know what is going into it. Always eat salads. Very difficult if your like me and hate salads. Just make sure they are colorful and easy on the dressing. Drink plenty of water, at least 2 liters. Another thing that has helped is adding Chia seeds to everything. Look them up, youll be happy you did, i sure was. They dont fix the problem but being as i havent been eating as much as i used to, they help keep me healthier. And finally, EXERCISE! I know this ***** but its helped to relieve the symptoms almost entirely. The raise in heartrate and increased oxygen intake are great for many ills. I now only feel sick when i lax on the jogging. It only takes 10 mins a day, 3 times a week. If your feeling sick at the moment, chug as much water as you can and go for a brisk walk. The constant urinating and raised heart rate are a wonder cure for me. Just like many other illnesses there is no known cure, if you can diagnose it at all, but you can learn to control when these episodes happen. If anyone does have an idea of what this is, please let me know. Good luck!
everytime after i eat i feel like im goin to throw up , but i dont .. i feeel sick. and my low back & tummy , and head has been hurtin . im on my period tho .. could i be prego ?
hey is it just me or when ever you eat you always feel like you are going to be sick. like you have eaten too much and you dont know weather it will stay down or not, that's what i get and it really hurts my stomach, can anybody give any suggestion on how i could prevent this.
I been experiencing the symptoms for almost 2 years already...I've done blood tests and endoscopy...the results are normal...I think I need to put on some self discipline and get on to a regular exercise and healthy diet...and try to follow your advice to "CUT OUT ALL PROCESSED FOODS! No fast food, no refined sugars, nothing. Cook everything yourself so you know what is going into it."

Thank you! Hope you feel better now and the rest of us who are the same situation...

Good Luck to everyone...
This just started happening to me quite recently. I could feel fine, just hungry. So I start to eat, it could be anything, and I just start to feel sick and I don't want to eat anymore.. I never actually threw up, I just felt like I've needed to. A lot f people are saying that they've had stress. I've had quite a bit of stress going on, but it's finally getting better, and this is when my stomach has started hurting. I've been almost stress free while my stomach hurts.. I don't know what to do.. Am I maybe lacking something in my diet?
Hi Jamie, it's been a few months since you posted. How you doing? I am going through a similar problem, began properly 2 months ago, but saw signs in the preceding 2 months. I hadn't been well for a few weeks but one day I was part way through a sandwich and suddenly went hot, clammy, urge to vomit. I too have a vomiting phobia (god, I think this is common) and so was panicking and pacing in attempt to prevent it. It's still happening at least once a day, more in the evening, and at the times where it doesn't I still get pain. So fearful of vomitting I haven't consumed a meal since then, just bits, you tend to feel better if you just do t eat. As a consequence though I have lost 20lbs, and my body has changed beyond recognition. All my joints click, skin is like paper. Feel it's out of control. Had tests, all were normal, except for raised ANA result. Had endoscopy and CT scan too. Just wondered what your experiences were and what you have done to try and rectify. It is a miserable existence. I'm 42 and male.. Richard
Hi I know this post is really old, I have the same problems as yourself.. I have been diagnosed with M.E. I have been ill now for 18 months, as well as feeling sick I feel like I am really ill every day. The kind of ill that you would take a day off work for. I had to give up my job as I was so poorly all the time..... However I am starting to thing FOOD is the problem as well.... If Doctors cant find whats wrong they automatically say its IBS or you need your gallbladder out... which happened to me. You need to push for tests and not give up.... Im still fighting for a real diagnosis  as I do not think ME is the whole problem.... Stay strong.. I know its tiring and you feel so alone sometimes. Take a look on the ME website and see if you can relate to the symptoms... Take care. Michelle x x
What is ME?
What is ME?
I feel sick after and during i eat anything this never happend till i had sex but i dont know what it means
Have you been to the gastro doctor?  Have you been tested for gastroparesis?  I had what is called a gastric emptying study.  This test determined that my stomach doesn't empty as quickly as it should which leaves me bloated and uncomfortable all the time.  Research this condition and see if you see youself in it.  Learning about it has made an incredible difference in my life!
I have the same problem and feel it is related to stress. The only thing that helps me is chewing minty gum and taking a nap. I assume the nap just lets me relax and the minty gum I have no idea, it just helps.
High blood pressure and/or clogged arteries can cause these symptoms as well.  I would recommend visiting a doctor.
I have had this same exact problem for about a year now and it's really beginning to affect how I live and my daily activities, I feel sick constantly now and especially after I eat but only when I'm not at home, I've had many tests and they all came up normal :( ive been taking all natural digestive vitamins but they only kind of help me :( and I feel sick when I eat anything so it's not allergies to anything, I have a feeling it might be stress because I just graduated high school and its been the worst for about the past 4 months and I graduated a month ago :(  please help me it is making me very depressed and anti social and affecting my relationship with my girlfriend I can't even go on a date anymore without worrying the whole time of I'm going to feel sick or not
LOL - I have been chalked up to the "mystery patient" as well too!  Isn't it comforting to know they've called you that NOT!    I used to feel like this when I did have gallbladder issues, but I had it removed a year ago... I am beginning to think it IS stress related - a lot has happened with work in the past week, right when I started feeling sick... Stress is such a bad thing to our bodies... I wish all of you good luck in feeling better and lets all try to remember to breathe and take a moment to relax!
Melissa
My partner is feeling nauseous after eating, it doesn't matter what food he eats. This has been going on for about 3 months. I think it might be a parasite as we were over seas 4 months ago. Apparently you can get it after swimming in fresh water in south east asia or central america which is where we were. Apparently antibiotics can get rid of them, so he is getting tests done next week to see if he's got them. I hope this helps? Ill keep you updated.
Leah,  I am on here looking for answers because I feel sick after I eat.  I see so many others are having the same problems ( with some different symptoms). I do not have an answer for you as far as the stomach discomfort.  However, the hair loss could be due to the child birth.  After having one of my children, I went through the same thing.  My was falling and thinning out tremendously.  It stopped after my son was about 6 months old.  But not before I thought for sure I would be balled. Try not to worry about the hair loss. The stomach issue might subside, it could all be due to stress.  A new mom with twins is a lot of work.  Enjoy them and take it as easy as you can.  Pray about it and it will all work out.  
Hi there,
Evening primrose oil is a natural way to balance hormones.
Also i have the hormone iud, it is not that bad. I cannot say regarding the non hormone one but with the coil it can take up to 6 months to become comfortable so it is something you need to persevere.
I hope this was helpful
Sounds like you could have Candida.  Candida is an explosive growth of yeast.  Any kind of sugar or starch can cause the yeast cells to ferment gas....bloating.  Try the 'spit' test.  Spit into a glass of waterand wait ten minutes.  Normal spit will float on top.  Yeast however, will form strings that sink to the bottom.  Good luck.
A lot of your guys' symptoms resemble that of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).   Your doctor may or may not have said something about it to you.  One of the main causative factors of IBS is stress.  Some stress is temporary, some is chronic.   Depending on the severity of your stress, there are many ways to treat stress.  Just to name a few non-medicinal ways would be to try talking to someone about your stress, possibly soothing music, aromatherapy, exercise, or even reading.  These are just a few simple ways to manage smaller stressors in your life.  There are times where the stress is too overwhelming and the simple therapies just don't cut it.  This is when you may consider seeking some sort of anti depressant.  Medications that could be used are SSRIs, SNRIs, or Benzodiazipines.  I'm not saying that medication cures everything so I would recommend the more simpler therapies first.  Maybe a simple vacation might just do the trick at relieving some of your stress.  I am also not diagnosing anybody on here with IBS but I was just giving some food for thought; "an outside the box look".  Good Luck to you all and you hope everything works out.
Hello my names joey im 18 years old and i have been suffering from the same thing all of you have for a year now probably the wrost year of my life i want to start out by saying everyone who has posted on this site you are very tough and you can get through it ill tell you my story now. So on December 1st 2012 i had my mother take me to the hospital because i was non stop vomitting i couldnt stop my self for anything not even a sip of water. my eyes began to turn yellow and i remembered my friend saying when he had apendicitis that his eyes started to turn a yellow color before he then passed out and was rushed to the hospital anyways as im throwing up i look up inthe mirror for a brief second to look at my eyes and they looked to me to be turning a yellow color so i thought i had apendicitas so then after i waited for my self to pass out but it never happened anxiety through the roof now thinking if i dont get to the hospital in time im going to die i was over reacting but still i really thought i was from how much i was vommiting and how i could not stop. so on the way to the emergeny room with my puke bowl in front of me we arrive im admitted ASAP (2 hours later) they gave me this nausea pill called ZOFRAN (LIFE SAVER) witch helps with the neasea and vommiting. i finally got into a room but before they took me to the room they rushed me to get a CT scan in a different part of the hospital. they took the scan and then took me back to the room and told me not to drink anything untill they got the results back from the ct scan so i didnt even though i was dehydrated from literally throwing up everything in my stomach. we all sat in the room waiting for the doctor to come in witch took about 3 hours and as i was waiting i had this HORRIBLE PAIN on my left side it could have been my right side not sure honestly but anyways horrible pain on my side the doctor comes ina dn tells me he couldn see anything on the scan besides some stool backed up witch wouldnt cause the pain or the vommiting so i ask what is it then i didnt come to the emergency room for you to tell me my poo is backed up okay. he then tells me that i could and he said COULD  have kidney stones  I was like KINDNEY STONES WTF so we then leave the emergency room with a nice packet on how to treat/pass kidney stones awesome i go home all drugged up and finally not thriwing up anymore and start reading about kidney stones saying the pain is close to child birth HAHAHA AWESOME!!!! so two weeks go buy feeling sick as a dog throwing up cant keep anything down christmas is coming up thinking great this is going to be the worst chistmas ever which it was but oh well and yet to menton my birthday was on the 18th of december yay. One night i want to say december 11, 12, 13, or 14 not sure but i was starving havent eaten a solid meal since the 1st of december i was living off of soup crackers liquid diet pretty much i was so over not being able to eat so my girlfiend my friend and i decide to go to taco bell i was thinking okay im going to try and eat 1 taco WORST DECSION EVER!!! i ate the taco felt fine for once shocked i fell asleep about 10-15 min later i wake up ran to my trash can cause there was no way i was making it to the bathroom and i threw up the taco and everything left in my stomach. i then asked my friend to take me to the emergency room and i wasnt overreacting i wasnt trippin out but my throat began to shut on me blocking my air way i calmed myslef down because the first episode the nurse kept telling me not to panic it will make things worse she assured me on my first visit that as long as i could breathe i would be fine well i wasnt abke to breathe besides very tiny breathes that i was very lucky for so my friend rushes me to the hospital they get me in there quick like very quick because i couldnt breathe and my face beagn to turn purple from the lack of oxygen. they give my the nausea pill again witch was he hardest thing to swallow. the doctor comes in after they gave me a shot of some pain medicine which just made me relax and he told me my throat was swelling up from vommiting constantly and the taco shell or something cut the lining of my throat on the way back up into the trash can haha so then i go home with a nice packet to treat my throat again didnt tell me why i couldnt keep food down or what was wrong with me when all i wanted was to eat normal heathly food like everyone else i then got depressed from this and then was put on a anti anxiety/ anti depression medication called zoloft which did not work and is a bunch of ******** pardon me but its true it worked for like a week after the 4 weeks it takes to take affect so i went to my doctor one day after december so its now about january and i stilll can eat for my life literally nothing and im serious when i say nothing im talking chicken broth and bread/ crackers i was happy that i was able t o eat something but thats not good for you eating soup crackers and bread for 2 months NO. my doctor advised me to go see a G.I. gastrointestinal specialist so i did schedule and appt i went there he felt my stomach said it was hard and stiff so he wanted to do a colonoscopy and endoscopy hahaha didnt know what that was untill i asked so i was mature about it and followed through with the procedure even though the prep was horrible drinking this nasty stuff 2 liters of it to be exact and then sitting on the toilet for hours but it was okay i woke up the next morning ready for the procedure they put me to sleep and then i woke up which felt like 5 min later they said they would call me in for a follow up at my g.i,'s office when they got the pictures back and suff he then tells me whent i went to his office that nothing was found only some irritation in the colon which was most likely from the prep so i said okay im just going to go on living with this for the rest of my life oh and before the procedure he had me go get an ultra sound which also came beack negative but anyways ive been living with this THING that i have no clue what it is besides one term ONE TERM ive gotten out if this whole ordeal was LAZY GALLBLATTER and yet i have not recieved the call back or my cal was never answered from the GI to perform the test to see if my gallbladder was working or not and i think they put this liquid into to your GB and see if it rejects it or not idk but anyway i thought id share my story with all you people out here with either the same issue or a 100% complety different issue but i just want to know and what whoever reads this novel that im not alone and that your not alone ive been doing bettwer but im not 100% i cant eat greasy foods red meat and barely even chicken ive been trying but it then results in vommiting but im going to see a doctor this week and find out what they can do for me and YES im going to a different doctor and a dofferent GI i truley apologize for the incorrect spelling and horrible punctuation im typing this really fast to just get it out there im sure youll get it but thank you very mcuh to whoever reads this my point beimg is that your not alone and it could be alot worse
Hi, you mention your eyes having yellow in them. I suspect your problems are gallbladder based. Do go back to your doc and ask for tests/scan. Follow a low fat diet and watch what foods are a 'trigger'. You have to be persistent. If your doctor does not see you, he/she assumes you are ok. So you have to tell them that it is a continuous problem.
i have been sick for about 6 months now but it has gotten worse i have been eating but i got sick after i ate no matter what i ate i cant sleep at night anymore barley i havent ate for awhile but the doctors dont know what is wrong but i get so sick to were i feel like im going to throw up all of the time my chest has started to hurt a lot  but we can't figure out whats wrong plz people will you help me figure out
Allergies, allergies, allergies.... I did a diet called the candida diet, and it was basically a cleanse not really a diet at all but when I stopped it after 21 days I found that for the first time in my life I understood what I was like to have food allergies. We as humans are not supposed to nor have we ever in history, had access to processed food that contains SOOO many ingredients in one thing. I found I cannot eat white bread. I used to eat at the same sand which place 3 to 4 times a week. Now I can't eat there at all. I get sore throut and it gets itchy and swollen. My stomach hurts after eating a lot of the foods I used to eat before. I find that meats, vegetables, fruits, plus dairy are just about it, now. Some bread, but not a lot work for me. It sounds like everyone is eating a whole lot of things their body is rejecting. Best to you all, hope you figure out what works best for you.
I found a girl online who had some rough stuff going on, she also found that it was allergies, she can only eat talipia fish, that is it. Or else she cannot use the bathroom she gets to the point where she will start throwing up. Look in to your background where does your family come from? What would they be eating if you were still there? Maybe you should start back at home wherever that may be... We are mostly migrants, so see what foods your past relatives would have eaten you may need to change everything about what you eat. We are what we eat is a very old saying, it's not Taco Bell! Stay away from the processed food, if you cannot pronounce it don't eat it! We do not realize that all of the food we purchase is covered in toxins, and processed so much it barley has nutrients left in it. It sounds like your body has had enough. Try organic raw food for awhile see how you feel. I eat meat, but I came from cattle ranchers you may not have that in your background. It can't hurt to find out. On Netflix they have quite a few movies that will make you re-think eating a lot of the stuff that most Americans eat everyday. Fat, sick, and nearly dead, etc.... Check them out!
Check your PH....and perhaps do some research on and alkaline diet.  YOU'LL BE AMAZED.  I have been admitted to the hospital on two occasion with out answers I then did some research, changed my diet, added aloe vera juice and done done done
Wow,for me I find I get sick after eating foods that I have eaten all my life.  It started with mushrooms and has just continued to grow.  What is really annoying is there is not one common food group, so far I can now no longer eat, mushrooms, cashews, peanuts, Brazil nuts, almonds, fresh apricots, nectarines, peaches, avocados, rocket lettuce, olives, cooked capsicum, capers, eggplant, feta cheese, quinoa, some bread, rolled oats, bananas,any seafood except fish and the list goes on.
However I have eaten all these things all my life and then suddenly one day I will have them, and get sick and   cannot eat them again.  I know this through eliminating them through trial after I have an attack.
My symptoms within half an hour of eating, pain and discomfort through my stomach, back, down my legs, up into my chest, getting very very very cold, nauseous, sometimes with vomiting for hous and other times just feeling sick.  The only way I can get relief is to lay on my bed and curl my legs up with pillows under the for support, trying to hold them curled up just causes more pain.  If I can manage to doze off to sleep the I can generally wake up a couple of hours later feeling better,very drained and tender but no longer  in the same pain.  If I am vomiting then it is a different situation.  I do not get diarrhoea or constipated/wind with it, but my stomach does get very bloated.
I am once again off to the gastroenterologist this afternoon looking for answers, my issue is becoming worse and more frequent and I am tired of feeling like a hypochondriac and sick all the time.  My job is stressful when I am on shift but my life is not, my home life and relationship is wonderful so it is not stress related.
Anybody else with similar circumstances or answers?
Just saw another documentary about the foods we eat where they compared a football field to human evolution. In human evolution we have been known to eat meat from all types of animals, but the interesting part was the amount  of time humans have been known to eat other foods like grains, dairy, fruits and vegetables. It was about a centimeter, compared to an entire football field. Are we really omnivores after all? It is called the Perfect Human Diet. Maybe you should check it out. I Hope you figure it out, because, not knowing how to eat is the worst. It is my current struggle right now too.  
sounds like a yeast over growth in your digestive track.  The bloating or gas is the CO2 produced by the yeast, same gas that makes cakes rise.  Yeast need sugar to grow.  Try giving up sugar, yeast, vinegar, fermented products for 1 week to kill off the yeast.
Did you find a cure for your discomfort and gas after eating?  I have the same symptoms. Would appreciate your sharing.  
Hello Uatemychalupa,  sorry to hear about what you're going through. I have identical symptoms with yours and I've had it for about a year.  I wonder if you have recovered and if so, what did you do?  If not, what are you doing to cope?  Will so appreciate your sharing
Hi Heavyn if you are still suffering I suggest you have Endoscopy(camera down yr throat, so can film inside stomach) I feel for you cos I went through similar experience feeling sick all the time after eating, and bringing food up for 1 and a half years. I was a virus and it woud go. In the end I got so desperate and couldn't cope I took an overdose, a cry for help!! It woke medical staff up and decided to look into it, and found out it was COELIAC DISEASE. It is when your bodys allergic to wheat, barley and oats. Its sad that I had to go to this extent to get any help though.
I am 11 year old girl aswell but I got swollen glands a few weeks ago and now I shake, have sore stomachs and I have been feeling sick everything I eat, I have tryed veggies, fruit..... Everything, and I am a little bit worried
It sounds like you are having severe allergies, or a reaction to the food you are eating. Fruit is not what we are supposed to eat as humans, we are meat and mostly fish eaters. Try talipia fish very plain, and see how that goes. You may be one of those that cannot eat anything due to severe allergies. I would get to a doctor too swollen glands are not good, and can indicate cancer. I am praying for you.
Any and all food.  3 or 4 bites and I'm full, weak.  If I continue to eat I get nauseated.  After the weakness stops I'm hungry again.
I felt that way  for a long time. After my daughter was born (2 years ago), my body went through some massive changes. I had a horrible pregnancy and vomited every day right up till the end. I was glad when it was over, thinking that I would finally get back to normal (I was never sick or nauseous before I got pregnant). So, after giving birth, I couldn't handle anything in my stomach. Every time I ate, I would get really bad stomach pains and they would only calm down if I vomited. Docs said it was stress related, bla bla, but it did eventually calm down....Until the dizzy spells started to appear. I got many dizzy spells, felt nauseous, really tired and weak and bad headaches after I ate. Did blood tests, scans, xrays..you name it...and everyone said I was fine, that it had to be stress. I started doing some research and saw many people with these symptoms. I tried a gluten free diet for a while (which I thought would be impossible because I am a bread, pasta, cereal lover...and everything had gluten!!!). I started substituting pasta with salads, potatoes and rice, and biscuits and snacks with fruit and yoghurt. Believe me......it is really hard at the beginning but, it is doable. Anyways, I started my gluten free diet about 5 months ago, feel soooooo much better and LOST ABOUT 20 POUNDS! I occasionally have a small portion of bread or make some pancakes, but I notice that if I eat gluten 2 or 3 days in a row, I start feeling sick and nauseous and dizzy again. So, I simply try to avoid it. I did the allergy tests and they were not conclusive. I do not have celiac disease  though! I suggest you try going gluten free for about 2 weeks and see how you feel. Gluten intolerance may be very difficult to identify because symptoms often only occur hours or even days after eating it.

Hope this can help!
i was wondering if you have been able to identify the source of you sickness? i have had a lot of the same, in the past 8-9 months and none of the doctors physicians or surgeons, have no idea what is the issue.  
this sounds like  (and i'm just a patient so take with a grain of salt PLEASE.) pancreatitis. I have it (amongst other things. i'm really....ill) but this could be the culprit and USUALLY it's caught early (which would be your case most likely) and you won't end up like me with chronic pancreatitis but it could be that, stomach, liver...all of those can push on the stomache as well as make you feel bloated and ill but really any organ can do that to some degree. again it sounds like pancreas issues though so blood work from your doc could help a lot. they will need to check amylase and lipase levels (unless you're like me and you don't have a functional pancrease and are on enzymes which will make those readings consistently flat). good luck and don't fret too much but I would look in those directions (those organs listed) and that can be done with  one routine blood draw (several vials yes but one sitting)