General advice on losing a little weight
I have recently injured my shoulder and can't do as much training so I am taking this as more of an opportunity to get my diet back on track. I have recently been feeling very tired all the time and was becoming faint and light headed at times when I was training. I am looking to lose a fair bit before getting back into training again.

I am also new to this charting my food and this app.
So any advice at all would be great whether it's recipes or work outs to try any advice is greatly appreciated

Here is the answer to this question.
In order to lose weight, you have to subtract calories.  Safe weight loss is 1-2 lbs/week, so in order to lose 1 lb/week, you'd have to drop 500 calories from your BMR each day (1 lb is equal to 3500 calories, so 500 calories X 7 days = 3500 calories or 1 lb).  OR you can drop 250 calories from your diet and increase exercise to use an additional 250 calories.

Changing up calorie counts and exercises will help prevent plateau.
Drink plenty of water up to a gallon a day (not all at once as that can occasionally cause death apparently). Eat 5 small portioned meals a day. (eaten fairly evenly throughout the day) Plenty of proteins. (boiled eggs are great snacks with proteins and about 80-100 calories each) any snacks should typically be around 100 calories... and only in between meals. like every 3 hrs a small meal and a snack a hr or so later if ur still hungry...this gives ur body time to process the calories. smaller meals should generally be between around 300- 350 calories...Lunch or breakfast is the best time to have the biggest calorie intake. That way ur body has time to process it.

Avoid fatty foods including potatoes & corn, pork, too much beef (fish and chicken grilled or baked are better meat choices). Thats my two cents...If only I could get back on track too lol
Thank you x
If you describe in general what your diet is like now we can offer suggestions better, but weight is much more a result of metabolism of food than it is calories.  Basically, the easier food flows through your system properly the better, and the more it sticks around the worse.  Also, people who were active and stop, as you were forced to do, get a metabolism slowdown that can cause weight gain, just as starting up exercise gets a metabolism speed-up.  So some weight will come off naturally as you slowly get back to your routine of exercising and your body responds.  But tell us what you're eating now.
On early my diet isn't too bad. I generally eat well but got into a rut of eating out there because I was unwell. I have under active thyroid. I am current around 70kg and 5ft 3". I do try to have 3 meals a day and I don't use large portions either. I am new to this app and wasn't too sure about all the calorie counting. I have started taking a vitamin drink also. I don't eat much potatoes rice or pasta because they just make me feel full for a short space of time and then I snack which I don't want to do too much so I usually eat sweet potatoe if I feel like that and meat whether it's beef, chicken,duck,lamb or turkey and I love my veggies also. I have cut out fizzy drinks and I am sticking to water or milk. I have also started a woman's walking group locally for women that don't feel comfortable going to the gym or going running yet .
Thank you x
Remember, if you get back into exercise you'll need those complex carbs like brown rice and whole grain pasta or other complex carbs for energy.  And if losing weight is your goal, beef and duck aren't going to help.  But all in all, I think you just need to get moving again.