I'm never hungry & seeing/smelling food makes me sick
I used to always love food. I never had a problem with it. I'll admit that I was and still am a picky eater, but for the past 6-7 years, I've never really been hungry. I seemed to have forgotten what hunger feels like.

I have no problem with my wieght or with the way I look. I'm active because I play sports year round. I'm currently 17 years old and this never being hungry thing tends to get in the way of many activities. Being that most people my age enjoy going out to eat or pigging out at a friends house, it poses many problems for me.

I can't eat big meals at one sitting, and I must force myself to eat small snacky stuff. Some times throughout the day, if I see or smell food, it can make me sick to my stomach. I've been to the doctor concerning the stomach issues, but the only thing they came up with was that I had a little more acid in my stomach than normal. That wasn't what was making me not hungry though.

I went to a psychologist just to see if it was something to do with, well...me. But nothing came out of it. It is quite frustrating to deal with and nobody seems to understand. Some people even take it as rude when I don't eat. I guess I could live with the eating snacky stuff throughout the day thing, but my biggest concern is me being sick to my stomach most of the time.

I feel sick every morning. The sickness usually tapers off by the afternoon. Some people I've talked to said to try to eat breakfast, since I never do/can. I've tried to force myself, but it jsut seems to make matters worse. Are there any people out there with some of the same symptoms? Are there anyways to stop myself from feeling nauseous?
Ok I have the same problem everyone else does except my loss of appetite came just after I recovered from my 5+ ulcers and my boyfriend and I broke up. My mom has a history of depression and anxiety and I've been to the doctors twice. So far the first one didn't say anything but wrote me a prescription for antidepressants and the second, I was given Tecta again to calm the acid in my stomach, but I am also waiting on some tests. Every morning I wake up with a terrible unexplainable feeling in my stomach and I want to puke. I havent yet, but the other morning got so bad I had to literally swallow it down. (Sorry for the grossness) The feeling seems to get better as the day goes on until it comes time for me to go to work or school or anywhere. I just turned 20 and I've never really had a problem with eating, honestly before this happend I ate all the time, junkfood any type of food. Now the smell and sight of it makes me so sick. I can't even watch half of the food commercials without feeling sick. Now I'm not in any way saying this is what you should do nor am I giving medical advice, but I am saying this is helping me and so far it's the only thing. When I wake up first thing in the morning and I feel terrible I smoke some weed and it really does work quickly to help. If I start to feel sick again I just repeat and so on. Another thing that helps is that it gives you the munchies and actually makes you want to eat for a little but while calming the nausea. It doesn't get rid of it the sickness forever but it really helps me with being able cope. I still don't know what's wrong with me but I just want the answer.
hello! i'm 16 and even i've a similar problem since 2years..whenever i see food or i smell food in the surroundings i just feel a weird feeling in my stomach,whenever i eat (extremely little) i just vomit..im never hungry..im an acute gastritis patient even though sometimes im given medicines to feel hungry or to stop excess acid production i never feel hungry and acidity never cease..well i've to live with my illness!!keep courage!
I only snack but why I ask myself, I dont have breakfast lunch or dinner like im supposed to but I really want to but I cant I dont understand whats going on im 29 now and its been happening since I was 15 i get the feeling its not right and everyday I just wish my life woukd change I think its that sickly feeling you get I dunno I just get a weird feeling even when im shopping I dont think of meals I think of grab and eat foods its quicker I know but I dont think its right im ashamed to admit I have a problem
Yes, I get these too...I'm not sure why though. I'm 14 and this happens a lot, I make/get food, but I can't get myself to eat it. My stomach acts up when I even think of food. The only things is I do eat breakfast at school, but then again, the school's food isn't very good.

I've been thinking it might have something to do with me because I've been trying to lose weight (cause at the beginning of the year I was only about 110 now I'm at 125.5, when I've been trying to get down to at least 100)
By saying "something to do with me" I mean like my mind. Could it have something to do with me trying to lose weight? Maybe I'm becoming anorexic?

I've been lonely lately too...Also a lot of stress has been bothering me. Could it maybe have something to do with me feeling guilty with myself? (There's a really cute boy in my grade and I'm to shy to talk to him...But that's another story.)

Well even though this post was years ago I just came across it and thought I'd voice my own personal experience. This happened to me about 3 weeks ago. I had no idea what was happening at the time but now that my appetite is back I have concluded it was major anxiety. I suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder... I'm especially afraid of getting sick to my stomach. Last month my fiance caught a horrible case of the stomach flu and I became so anxious I was going to get it that I produced physical symptoms. I also think I was having separation anxiety at the time because after he got sick he went to Texas for a week and I had to stay home because of how bad my anxiety got. This made my anxiety even worse- I was not hungry one bit for about a week. I literally had to force food down and the nausea was so bad! One day all I ate was 2 pieces of cheese and some ham. However, once my fiance came home and I realized I never physically got sick to my stomach I was able to eat a little more. Little by little my appetite came back in full force and I was able to feel hungry again! My anxiety was and still is bad... I know I need to get it under control because to have to worry about dealing with that again is no fun! However, from what I learned this year of dealing with the worst anxiety I've ever had is that time heals all and nothing bad ever happens... I am trying to live more positively and keep myself productive and healthy! This truly helps :)
I'm the same age and have had the same dilemma. I've been to countless doctors who just don't care, or are too senseless to understand. Anyways, with that passion aside, my moms a doc and she spoke with her stomach doctor friend. It turns out i have stress ulcers. Not sure thats what it is, but it sounds exactly the same as me. I'm on something called prilosec, you can get it at any pharmacy store. It's helped with the sick feeling and the pain but I never gained my appetite back. People like us just have to suck it up and take food like medicine. I also went to a vegetarian diet and that helped A LOT. plus people are less judgey when you don't eat because of being a Vegetarian. Hope I could help<3 best of luck.
I have the same thing. Four years ago, I was only eating one to two meals a day and doing a lot of exercise. It was terrible (not of my own choosing) but after a few months I got used to it. Now I hate eating, you basically have to force feed me, I won't get hungry even after not eating for two days, and the thought, smell, or sight of food makes me feel sick. After I eat I also feel like throwing up, but I don't because people will think I'm bulimic. People already think I'm anorexic and underweight, even though I weigh a normal amount because I'm still growing. People have actually chased me down and forced me to eat. After eating a "normal" amount of food my stomach hurts, it's even worth than hunger pangs, but then again, the last time I had those was four years ago. I can't even drink water, even if I'm about to pass out. No one really understands and thinks it's something in my mind, and I do have problems with self image, but this isn't it. I also get dizzy and everything turns black for as long as ten seconds when I stand up. I went for blood tests a few months ago when I felt the same way, but everything was normal, not even borderline. Is there something wrong with me? I want to stop worrying everyone around me and be healthy, but one of the last things I want to do is eat. Help!
Hello all, I have read a lot of your posts. I have always had this problem from birth. I have been told the flap in my throat doesn't close properly and it will allow stomach acid to rise and make me nauseous. Now this was something to be healed by around 5yrs old that didn't happen now I am in my 30's it happens always and doctors have no reasons I don't eat much I do set an alarm to make sure I eat (this allows my body to know I will have to eat even if I know I will vomit, but it makes things more acceptable) for me. All food makes me sick and after I had my second child I did become allergic to pork (swells me up to the point I need a shot).
Good thing I have found to help with the nausea and vomiting is Slippery Elm lozenge. I can get them from a whole foods store, they are also made into a pill form an yes those work very well. What most people forget is that your digestion begain by chewing your food so in your mouth even before you swallow. The slippery elm lozenge coats u from your mouth down, if you take the pill form with it this allows for you to eat and not vomit like normal. It may not be for everyone but it is worth a try to be able to get the nutrients we need for our body's.
I know your thinking the smells of food make you sick also, I understand I am there too. It sometimes helps to sit with a fan behind you allowing for the food smells to be pushed away from your nose. I try what ever I can to be healthy and have my blood monitored so I know I can be safe and not loose my mind or ability to function.
Hello anyone that reads, I suffer from the exact same problems as the original poster. My nausea lasts all morning and usually tapers off mid afternoon/evening. This has persisted for me about 3 years now, around when I turned 18. I know for a fact that it is caused by my anxiety and/or depression. It may not be what everyone wants to hear, but living in CA, I had the opportunity to try medical cannabis and it is by far the only "cure" to my "ailment." It gives me an appetite well suited for maintaining at least a semi-healthy diet (2 meals a day.) And although I'm not able to make any significant weight gains, my weight loss has ceased. If you are like me, and have tried every other option to just be able to eat one bite of food to no avail, then I suggest you do some research on the benefits cannabis may be able to provide you. However, it is not for everyone, only you can be the judge of that. I will say, despite what many think, I use medical cannabis daily and still lead a very normal life. I attend class on a everyday basis as well as work 20 odd hours a week. I will also say that the owner of the cannabis club I go to is the sweetest 65 year old lady who also happens to be a grandmother. So to finish, please dont be turned off by the lore, of well....smoking weed (in its simplest terms lol.) If used responsibly as a medicine, cannabis could change your life for the better, and if your like me and have tried everything else then you really have nothing to lose.
Im going through that right now actually sometimes I feel hungry some times I dont the smell makes my stomach flip and when I get done eating it leaves a nauseous feeling  
I am also a mother and have had every symptom your mother had except the inability to walk.  I had gotten to the point that I passed out though.  I decided to ask my Dr for Remeron for the very same reason, increased appetite.  Within a day of beginning to take it my appetite comes back and the thought, sight and smell of food does not repel me.  But if I don't take it my appetite is gone within a matter of two to three days and I begin to starve myself again.  I take vitamins for this reason.  I have to stop taking the Remeron periodically because I begin to gain weight rapidly.  When I stop it I begin to lose the weight just as quickly.  
I have never heard of encephalopathy but thanks to your post 5 years ago, I now have something to discuss with my Dr.  It's not that I'm not taken seriously, but because the Remeron "helps" my Dr assumes my problem is depression.  It's not, but it's really hard to convince him/her of that.
I want to thank you for your post!
I'm 14 and have the exact same problem somebody help me plz
Lately I have been feeling the same way, when ever I see to much food in one place I feel really sick and in the morning I can't eat breakfast, by afternoon I feel better so I am able to eat dinner but then in the morning it happens again, I am only 12 and that makes it hard to sleep at a friends cause they would ask me what I would like to eat and I wouldn't want anything, i used to love food but now the thought of it makes me sick and the smell is the worse.
I have the same exact problem...  :(
Just by smelling food, I get nauseous and start dry heaving.  Eating it is a lot worse.  I'm scared....
Thank god I have found someone who deals with the same thing I do, It started out when I was a lot younger (I am currently 18 years old). I used to go through phases when I would eat normally and then nothing at all for a week or so because I felt so sick to my stomach that I just didn't want to eat and was so put off food. It only got worse as I got older.. I only really eat small snacky stuff and I have never eaten breakfast in the morning because I just can't. Although lately it has been getting so much worse, all the things I do eat and drink make me feel so sick and ill after it and even before I have it, the smell of it makes me feel sick also. I have no idea what it could be:( I am always debating whether to see a doctor about it but then I think is it a waste of both mine and the doctors time? I really hope you feel better soon and get it sorted out, I know exactly how you feel.

Open to any suggestions of what it could be!:)

Sophie.
This is exactly what is wrong with me. I am debating going to the doctor and I just keep thinking it will be a waste of both mine and the doctors time. It is so frustrating. I am going through exactly the same problem as you and have no idea what I can do about it:(
My Dear, I've been searching the net (without much result in the way of true help),  and just read your post.  I'm 58 years' old (on 4/9), and have had this "disorder" my entire life! I'm currently 5'6" tall, and weigh 94.2 lbs. Your comment is the closest I've come to any kind of "help" yet, and I thank you - deeply.  My problem is not a weight issue, nor am I bulemic (I despise vomiting).  I have always disliked food, and can't think of a Single food item I enjoy.  To make matters worse, I DETEST cooking, or even bothering with food in any manner; it's so bad, I'm hard-pressed to even open the freezer & "nuke" something.  Food shopping is a nightmare I put off as long as possible as I know I have no intention to, and will not COOK!  Lastly, food tastes ... urgh ... hopelessly unappealing to me.  Needless to say, I'm very malnourished and fear I may be so stupid I literally starve myself to death!  Could I possibly be this slothful?  Cooking is such a pain in my patoot - it NEVER tastes good - even if I follow a recipe to the letter and I don't have a family of raccoons just now to feed leftovers. (I hate to waste food, ironically).  I've asked many doctors of course, and they just tell me to (basically) pull my head out.  I never knew Zinc (or more accurately the lack thereof) could be a problem!  You should be on Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, etc. as I'm quite sure (just reading here) I'm not alone.  However, eating doesn't make me feel sick, nor does the smell of food bother me - I just have No Appetite.  I DO have multi-vitamins - I just don't take them. However, after reading your post, I looked on the back and they have Zinc - 73% daily allowance, and Vit. B12, B6 & Thiamin (I Think? this is a "b" vitamin),  so I just took two.  I intend to get a bottle of Zinc & Multi-Bs vits. Just wanted to THANK YOU from the bottom of my SOUL - I so hope this works.  You're an angel just for taking the time to mention this. No doctor every has.  I can't ... there aren't words to express my appreciation to you.  Best of luck, health and good wishes; your time, kindness & concern for others is remarkable.  God Bless and thanks again.  Yours, Monica  Again - THANK YOU!  
I would recommend having your gallbladder looked at. I had the same issues. They removed my gallbladder, which was enlarged and a funky color...and no more issues. A few years later my mom went through the same thing, only she had gallbladder stones. They took her gallbladder out, and all was better, too. Good luck to all of you!!
I am 17 years old an am having some of the same issues. I just had surgery a few weeks ago and since then i have not been hungry at all. Sometimes when i try and force myself to eat even the smell of food makes me feel sick. I ate an apple the other day and threw up a few minutes later. On top of that i have absolutely no energy at all. I usually get about 10-12 hours of sleep but usually wake up in the middle of the night. I can do a few things in the morning and then i have to lay on the couch most of the afternoon bc i am so wiped out. any thoughts??
yes i do its happening to me right now for the third time. where i go into periods of loss of appetite. where seeing, smelling, or even thinking of food makes me sick
I have similar issues. I have been to seen many doctors but they all say it is nothing. I smell food and it makes me feel very very horrible! However, I can drink and eat frozen food (i.e. Ice Cream, Ice) but everything that I have for breakfast/lunch/dinner makes me feel overly sick! What is happening? No one will understand what is going on and what this is doing to my body! HELPPPP!
Oh, By the way, I am 13 years old
I'm 35, and dealt with this since I was a teenager. I don't have an answer for you, but I have suggestions. There's fluoride in our drinking and bathing water & our toothpaste, Coca Cola & Pepsi take fluoridated water from the public water supply, add magnesium
Sulfate and sodium chloride to it and bottle and sell it as Dasani & Aquafina, 70% of Americans are on one or more pharmaceuticals, we eat loads of processed, adulterated foods, and there's so many of us not getting exercise or good sleep or proper nutrition, and we surround ourselves with carbon monoxide spewing cars our whole lives... I'm actually surprised we're not in worse shape.
     But in answer to the post, I starting drinking artesian water, stopped eating fast food and started eating organic, and the biggest thing that helped: getting like 10-20 minutes of cardio after you wake up will get your blood pumping and your body will start crying for energy, making you hungry. Also, eating my food outside or in a cool area helps. For some reason heat and food = barfing for me.
    Hope this helps. Know you're not alone, and if people give you **** for it it's cause they're insensitive idiots that don't have empathy or the ability to sympathise with something another person has no control over. (If this helps, you could always puke on them for revenge next time serendipity rears her head...)
Mine is anxiety related when I am really stressed out i dont eat because i want to be thin and atractive. So when Im not very active because of my anxiety I don't eat. When I'm working and busy I eat more. But I still have periods where my mood becomes altered. I don't want to eat. I get the rude and stubborn thing from people too. I just explain I'm stressed out and I can't eat. Just seeing even pictures of food when I feel this way makes me think of vomiting and i have a physical convulsion reaction to it. So yes lol same thing. Just I already know where mine comes from.
Just Always Remember That Health Is Wealth.
Yeah same age too, 104 lbs. I've recently my appetite has just plummeted, lol just look at my food pics, lollipops for breakfast . I get more excited over coffee than food really
i feel you i just started that last week  i have an anxiety disorder and had an eating disorder for about 4 years i recovered and found the love for food. Now when wake up and  i smell food i guys so sick i need to throw-up.And forcing the food in my mouth just makes things worse. I'm also afraid that my eating disorder is creeping back but they are different symptoms then what i had when i started my  eating disorder.  i hope  you don't feel alone I'm in with you :)  
I have almost the same symptoms and I am much younger at age 13 I start feeling really nauseous at the sight or consumption of food It tends to make me sick a tone and I can't eat much more then a snack a day wihtout being grossly sick and vomiting or having a panic attack sometimes even both. I would love to know if there is a way to solve this. It affects my daily life.
I'm 13 too, same issues. Idk what to do. I never seem to eat anymore and I legit could eat every second of the day if I was allowed until a few days ago and now I eat like a granola bar mid morning and half a sandwich at about 9:00 at night. Idk what I can do cuz to try force myself to eat makes me feel sick and sometimes I actually do vomit. Anyone else know what to do.
I've been having this problem for the past few months, everything makes me urge and feel like im about to throw up except sweets. Sweets are the only thing I seem to be able to eat without urging or being sick. It might be a psychological thing for me though and maybe for other people too, the main reason I think this is because on Sundays its at its worst. I cant eat anything on Sunday without wanting to be sick. I still would like to know why I feel like it and the reason for it because you know, as much as I like sweets I dont think I can keep eating them to stay alive.
this happens to me too, I think it&#39;s psychological because I&#39;m a really picky eater and always have been, but I love the food that I do like, but all of a sudden I started feeling sick at the smell of potatoes and beef and things like that.. not all the time though, it&#39;s really inconsistent with the smells, but no matter what I eat it makes me feel sick!
Wow this sounds like me .... every sunday i cant eat anything or monday as soon as i wake up im throwing up stomich acid. I have trief every stomich gravel or calmer or vitamins you can think of and NOTHING works. Its making me so frusterated
I get the same, its a recent thing I;ve just started having and Im 13, I used to eat absoutley everything but now I find it hard to eat a little bit of food, Im worried that this will affect my growth and health because I am only 13, is there an thing I can do?
It&#39;s scary how much we are alike,  I get nauseated just the thought of food I get nauseated when I eat and I get nauseated when I do not eat food. I play sports difficult for me to eat out with friends or family. It&#39;s really annoying. I went out to eat with family today ordered a sprite, half pound burger, and steak fries. In ten minutes I had only eaten half the burger and a few fries by force, But I had to stop. My stomach was BURNING. I have acid reflex so if I don&#39;t eat I get sick. I don&#39;t feel hungry alot of times, I could go an entire day without eating if I don&#39;t realize it. But the burning and nausea are my reminders. Being a seventeen year old that used to be able to eat two plates full on thanksgiving dinner plus desserts makes this super annoying. Just know you&#39;re not alone.
Same. Im 16.  I never get completely starving but I get fairly hungry sometimes. but anytime I smell or see a certain food when Im not hungry I get completely nauseated and feel like throwing up. And sometimes a certain random foods smell makes me sick even when I usually like that food. And that happens when or when Im not hungry.
i too treat this problem in a similar manner but have found that unless i treat it. i literally cannot eat. i often wonder if i am not becoming too dependent on this. do you have the same problem?
I&#39;m 15 and soon realized that I had anxiety. School had just started back and I am talking to a boy and I always almost have a anxiety attack around him. About  a week ago I stopped eating because everything made me sick to my stomach and I have lost 4 pounds in 2 days which isn&#39;t normal at all. I try eating something everyday but everytime I do I get really sick to my stomach and I feel like I&#39;m going to throw up. So I&#39;ve just been eating like once a day and I have to force myself to eat it. I&#39;ve told my parents but they don&#39;t know what it is and I haven&#39;t been to a doctor yet. I&#39;m not sure what to do.
Ive also been feeling this way too. Im 17 and lately, ive been getting the strong desire to eat but when i go downstairs to get food, all the food doesnt seem appealing. I go back upstairs, only to come back downstairs and repeat in a frustrating cycle. I just want to eat! All ive eaten today was a pancake. The only thig that works is when really good food is presented to me, i change my mind. For the past 2 months ive been feeling sick to my stomach. Like nausea, especially in the morning when i eat a regular sized meal the night before.  Doctors also said it was just acid build up and prescribed me Omeprazole but they dont work
Marijuana is the answer lol I got prescribed the same thing and it didn't work for me either.
I have to smoke a bowl before I eat, and it takes away the burning nausea, gives me an appetite, I actually enjoy my food and hold it down. if I'm experiencing any nausea after I eat I smoke a little more and I'm fine. Since I started smoking I've gained 10 pounds (which is good cuz I was only 90 ) And rn yes it is illegal but as soon as you turn 18 youcan get a medical marijuana card from your doctor for it.
I have the same symptoms but I'm 13. I can swallow food but it taste like nothing. Whenever I see food I loose my appitite. I can eat bread, cheese, and certain soups without feeling this way. I hope everyone finds a way to feel better
Same in 12 and when ever I see food or smell it I fell sick like I&#39;m about to puke and I&#39;m not a picky eater or anything and when I do eat I can only eat a tiny tiny bit like I don&#39;t have any problems with my body I&#39;m healthy I play football with my guy friend basketball and some times hockey but when they say &#39;lets go eat&#39; I eat like 10 fries and say I&#39;m full so I don&#39;t puke on them
Im 17 and I have the same problem the doctor told me its too much acid and prescribed me omeprazole. But those even didnt help. Honestly the only thing that helps me is smoking weed. It calms the burning nausea and actually gives an appetite to where I want to eat, I enjoy eating, and I can hold it down afterwards. I smoke a bowl before and depending on if Im having any nausea afterwards I will smoke another . Once you turn 18 you can get a Medical Marijuana Card from your doctor for It.
Marijuana may be a blanket solution. But I would not advise an ambitious 17 year old kid to start smoking up every day just to eat. There are numerous studies that support the idea that it is best to hold off on smoking cannabis until you are in your twenties. I am a 21 year old male, and I have experienced the symptoms you are describing off and on over the past few years. I noticed mainly when I tried to quit using cannabis ironically enough. However, with some discipline, making sure I am drinking lots of water and getting physical exercise, and forcing myself to eat atleast something at structured times (breakfast lunch and dinner) I found myself able to re-habituate my body back into a healthy eating routine. What was suggested to me was that I carry around a bag of almonds with me during the day so that when hunger pains arise you can satisfy them immediately. (ignoring it seems to make it worse in my experience and sometimes we just get too busy to eat a meal). Perhaps try some lighter foods such as a whey protein shake with yogurt and fruits. (i am sure you have had shakes before seeing that you are an athlete.) The shakes can be a great way to start re-igniting your appetite. You can also increase the amount of calories you consume by including peanut butter or oatmeal. Try investigating some appetite stimulator. They say cinnamon is a good choice to get your appetite stimulated. I personally found water with lemon was very effective.

If cannabis is your solution then so be it. I have smoked cannabis since I was 13 years old and my testimony is that I would advise younger people to wait until they are in their 20's purely for the effects it CAN have on a developing emotional and psychological intelligence.. Not to mention its denominational side-effects.

Good luck man, I hope you find a solution that works for you!
Denominational, not denominational in the context of cannabis symptoms.
Demotivational*** (dear lord auto-correct)
I&#39;m turning 21 in June and I just quit smoking because I was finding myself only eating or even sleeping only when I would smoke. The withdrawal (depending on how frequently cannabis was used; for me it was everyday) it was and still is a rough couple of weeks readjusting to &quot;normal&quot; habits. Everything described in the post above are symptoms I&#39;ve found in myself and it sucks to go through. After reading your post though it makes me stay positive, last year I had taken a tolerance break and went through these same feelings. At that point in time as well I had caused myself to get a stomach ulcers which made it worse for me when my appetite faded. I wasn&#39;t used to snacking all the time and keeping up with what my body needed. Going through this the second time and reading your comment defiantly makes me feel a lot better and I just wanted to say Thank you for sharing! The almonds is a great idea and I totally agree with your advice that smoking marijuana isn&#39;t the best solution when wanting to cure the feeling of nonhungry. It adds to a cycle and puts you in a position where you might make yourself even more uncomfortable because you then become reliant on not just you having to eat but you having to spend more money so you can smoke before everytime you eat. Best advice would defiantly be your comment! I wish you all the best!
I&#39;m 23 suffering from no appetite &amp; when I do get hungry the food makes me nauseous &amp; I&#39;m totally turned off to eating. I&#39;d  seriously much rather starve than eat b/c when I attempt to force myself to eat, it won&#39;t stay down.  Or if by chance it does stay down. I'll be full off 3 bites literally. This is terrible
Im 17 yrs old and I've been having the same problem lately but with headaches and fatigue.when I went to the doctors they all said that nothing is wrong with me except having iron defiency. Just the thought of food makes me sick. When I finally decided to just get though with it, I got as far as making it and losing my appetite at the sight of it no matter how delicious it looked. No one understands what it's like. Hopefully we'll all find an answer to our problems one of these days
I do have problems like this I&#39;m 13 being around food makes me sick I&#39;m usually not hungry like ever. I&#39;m losing weight randomly. I&#39;m pretty active and sporty but I&#39;m never hungry. I have trouble sleeping as well. I&#39;m a picky eater as well but I just haven&#39;t really been hungry and up for eating. My mom said I&#39;ve had a weird appetite since I was born. At one point in time I stopped eating all together but I started back but it was rare I did. Now it&#39;s far if I do eat at all I&#39;m a  vegetarian and I&#39;m the only one in my house. I used to excercjse a lot but I sorta laid off when I have busy with other things.
I need help with this too. Im 15 and for the last few months I&#39;ve barely eaten. I can only stomach certain foods. I can eat dips and crackers, guacamole, and candy/anything that&#39;s like a sweet. I&#39;ve talked about it in therapy but she couldn&#39;t figure out. I don&#39;t think its an eating disorder but it does stress me out. Not eating causes your metabolism to slow which makes you gain more weight every time you eat. I went from getting down to a 213 to going up to a 241. Thats the worst part to me
I had this exact problem for years! From age 12-21 I had an awful relationship with food. I couldnteat very much and I never had an appetite, I had to force myself to eat so I wouldnt get sick (I wasnt super thin, average weight). I would be especially sick in the morning a lot of times even if I didnt eat anything. I wasnt losing any weight though. After years of this I found out I have hypothyroidism and stomach ulcers!! I honestly believe that it was stomach ulcers that made me so sick, they put me on a medicine that decreases the acid in your stomach and a liquid coating medicine that helped heal the ulcers. It took weeks of this medicine to help, then some came back and I went on it again. But it has changed my life, I finally am hungry again and enjoy food! I dont hate food anymore because it used to make me so sick. I hope this helps someone! All you have to do it go to your PCP and tell them you think you have stomach ulcers and go from there! There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
I am having the EXACT same syptoms . I am 17 years old & even the thought of food makes me want to vomit . Hoping to find answers .
I'm 19, I feel the same. I cannot even enter the college canteen because the smell makes me feel like throwing up. All I have is a can of Coke in our canteen but I need help to finish it.
I feel the same way and I am 20 almost 21 I am having trouble just going to work cause I feel sick cause I work around food I hope to find out soon and I hope I am just pregnant and nothing worst.
I always feel the exact symptom like all of you. Eventhough i&#39;m don&#39;t know anything about medical but i&#39;m pretty sure it is because of gastric ( stomach acid). Most people who don&#39;t know anything will ask you to eat but i don&#39;t. 1) What i do is i just take my mood, make the urge to vomit so that we can vomitted the acid from stomach. The acid usually make people feel dizzy. 2) Go to place or make yourself warm and cozy. Relax and lie down. 3) Put any oil or balm and massage at the left part of stomach ( you will hear gas sound), forhead and neck. 4) Go or sea something you like as to garden, sea and mountain cause it has a lot of fresh air and green to.
Anyone still reading this very old post, please do not do what the above post recommends.  The reason you're told to eat if you have excess acid is because it gives the acid something to work on other than the lining of your stomach and intestines.  Vomiting increases the inflammation caused by digestive problems, especially forced vomiting.  It forces the acid to flow up all the way through your system and out your mouth, but your stomach then just produces more and now it's empty of anything to soak it up.  The ways to deal with excess acid without medication is to use plant remedies that repair the lining of the digestive tract and reduce the inflammation, as well as control acid production gently so the stomach isn't forced to produce more which it will need every time you eat protein or minerals.  But never force yourself to vomit unless you've swallowed something toxic.  To the above poster:  please, so some homework and learn some biology before telling people to do something that could well harm them.  If you don't know anything about a subject, it's fine to not comment on it.  
I have same problem. Stop eating fake food such as slice cheese that is plastic that is not food. Stop eating white rice that is plastic too, don&#39;t eat parmashuan cheese that is wood chunks, and alot of other food i fake as well. This world is posioning us anymore foe money and half of us are allergic to trees and eating that food is killing us. Anyone can have stroke to soon, anyone any size any age can die because the secrets they hide feom us is poisonous. You could have food posion. Or could have food allergy and have loss of senses and that could cause smelling strange things that arent there. Only God knows.