Nutrition Community
Question for Nutritionists: Is my strict diet sufficient? Is it dangero...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Question for Nutritionists: Is my strict diet sufficient? Is it dangerous?

Hey All,

I found this place looking for some nutritional guidance (as my doctor has very little knowledge)

I've been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and I'm currently doing a scaled back version of the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. I'm only eating chicken (removing as much fat as possible), cooked carrots, eggs, homemade yogurt and 100% white grape juice. I've seen phenomenal results in relation to my condition and I've had plenty of energy. I'm curious though if I'm getting enough of everything that I need... or if I'm getting too much of anything.

The only weird effect I've seen is that my stools are orange. (Not red... there's no blood, just orange)

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!