Question for Nutritionists: Is my strict diet sufficient? Is it dangerous?
Hey All,

I found this place looking for some nutritional guidance (as my doctor has very little knowledge)

I've been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and I'm currently doing a scaled back version of the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. I'm only eating chicken (removing as much fat as possible), cooked carrots, eggs, homemade yogurt and 100% white grape juice. I've seen phenomenal results in relation to my condition and I've had plenty of energy. I'm curious though if I'm getting enough of everything that I need... or if I'm getting too much of anything.

The only weird effect I've seen is that my stools are orange. (Not red... there's no blood, just orange)

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I apologize in advance because I am not a nutritionist but I just had one comment. If possible I would at least add a multivitamin to your diet. Since you are not eating anything green at all it is likely some of your vitamins are missing. Sorry I do not know too much about the diet other than that.
Your diet is deficient in many nutrients.  Multivitamins are good in the short term, but not a substitute for varied foods from all the food groups.