Nutrition Community
Raw Foods Diet and Juicer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Raw Foods Diet and Juicer

Has anyone made the transition into a raw foods diet and have any suggestions on books or even a juicer.  I have read a ton of reviews and still feel lost.  What is the first thing I should get a juicer or a food processor or both?  Thanks.
I would say both.  The Champion Juicer is one of the best and you can get it through Modern Manna.  Check the interent for their site.  I have not been able to go to a raw food diet but that is my next step in my vegan quest.  Good Luck and let me know how it goes.
well i went to a raw food store and they suggested the vitamix 4500 or something like that.  I have decided to wait on a juicer til i can afford it and go w/ the blender that doubles as a food processor.  they told me that you can blend even greens in a blender just the blades may dull faster????  are you 100% vegan???
Hello, I have a very nice juicer,for fruits and vegetables. It is an Omega 8002 and i got it from the www.mercola.com site.
I use it mostly for vegetables to keep the system regular.  I have had it for over 2 yrs and it is so easy to clean and take apart and put back together again.  I was advised to get a good one because of the motors on the less expensive ones will burn out faster.  
I don't plan on being a vegan, i have to have my 3 meals a day, i have a sugar problem but control it with diet and exercise, have been doing that for 31 yrs.  I am now 62 yrs old and eat better and better each day.  cora
I was diagnosed with gastroparesis and would like to know if anyone has made the transition to a raw food diet. I've been looking into this, but need to know if others have done it and what the benefits have been. I'm not talking about going vegan either.

a raw food diet IS a vegan diet. Unless you are eating raw meat... and thats just nasty.
I personally think a raw food diet would be ideal for most of us. But, that said... I think having 10 - 20% of our food cooked (like rice, couscous, stirfry, etc) isnt a bad thing. I think If we cut out all of the processed crap and focus on what our bodies really need, like vitamins, minerals, and good clean whole foods, we as a society would be so much healthier! My oppinion is humans do not need dairy or meat to survive. Maybe if you like to fish, eat the occasional fish, and leave it at that. Just my oppinion! Hope this helps people =)