6 month old sprained ankle
Hi, I sprained my ankle 6mos ago and was told that it was a tear. Since then I have been having some pain in my ankle. I just recently went to an ortho and he told me that because I had many sprains in that ankle, I would always have some sort of pain and stiffness. Therefore there was nothing that could be done except for a cortisone shop, but I would always have the pain and stiffness. I would like to know does this sound right and is there anything I could do?
Whenever you sprain an ankle you have these ligament tears which are quite nagging and you have these for 6 months to 1 year.
Rest initially of the ankle movement is mandatory not to precipitate the injury further is important.
I hope you had crepe bandage etc.
If you did not immobilize your ankle joing initially you will continue having some pain as the liagament as it is not completely healed.
But if there is a gross ligament tear as in your case the orthopaedician is suggesting you have to try cortisone and also if possible do physiotherapy.