Orthopedics Community
Avulsion Fracture of Talus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Avulsion Fracture of Talus

I have had ankle swelling for four months.  It was minimized by doctors.  X-rays were contradictory.  Finally after a bone scan it was tentatively diagnosed as an avulsion fracture of the talus.  The pain started innocently enough and I expected it to go away on its own.  I had no really significant accident.  I am not a very pain sensitive person but at this point the pain is debilitating.  What can be done?  I have an appointment with an orthopedic physician who specializes in feet and ankles next week.  I need help badly now!!!!
Related Discussions
I also have an avulsion fracture of the talus bone. I am in a walking boot, and I have to wear it for three more weeks. The doctors told me to ice it, elevate it, and take 800 mg ibuprofen for pain and swelling. You might also try soaking it in epsom salt water. Stay off of it as much as possible.

I hope this helps. I know how bad it hurts. Mine is just now starting to ease. But If I am on it too much it starts hurting again. Hopefully your orthopedic doctor will give you some good pain medicine.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...