Aa
A
A
Close
Avulsion Fracture of Talus
I have had ankle swelling for four months.  It was minimized by doctors.  X-rays were contradictory.  Finally after a bone scan it was tentatively diagnosed as an avulsion fracture of the talus.  The pain started innocently enough and I expected it to go away on its own.  I had no really significant accident.  I am not a very pain sensitive person but at this point the pain is debilitating.  What can be done?  I have an appointment with an orthopedic physician who specializes in feet and ankles next week.  I need help badly now!!!!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I also have an avulsion fracture of the talus bone. I am in a walking boot, and I have to wear it for three more weeks. The doctors told me to ice it, elevate it, and take 800 mg ibuprofen for pain and swelling. You might also try soaking it in epsom salt water. Stay off of it as much as possible.

I hope this helps. I know how bad it hurts. Mine is just now starting to ease. But If I am on it too much it starts hurting again. Hopefully your orthopedic doctor will give you some good pain medicine.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources