Orthopedics Community
Bone spur recovery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Bone spur recovery

I had a bone spur removed from the side of my heel almost 10 years ago. That area of my bone is still sore. Not in the sense of the spur but with light pressure. My question is does that soreness ever go away? I would have thought after all these years it would. I had 2 other spurs removed from my other foot and do not have that soreness.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

This pain can occur due to some soft tissue damage or due to pressure on the operated site.

As you can understand that your feet take the weight of whole of your body and there is a proper arch in your foot and normally the alignment of bones are perfect balancing your weight and causing little discomfort.

After foot surgeries and after bone spur removal if you have these problems then you have to change into comfortable footwear and talk with your orthopedician for custom orthotics if required.

Take care!