Diabetic Knee pain
Hi, we are from India, my mom is 53 years old diabetic, and she is continuing with a bad knee pain. i thought of consulting for Hyaluronic Acid injection, but my research says it costs more than 30,000/- for 5 weeks and that to just get a relief of 2-3 months... even though she is continuing with oral medication since a long time but it's not showing better result... also thought of going for steroid but that also will give relief of only 3 months and max we can give 4-5 times in her lifetime and after that pain will remain as it is...

Can any Doc. please suggest what to do... i am a average income person. it's very very urgent..

Swarup

Hey Swarup!

Well, without knowing the relevent clinical details or a detailed clinial evlauation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. Hyaluronic acid is not recommended in any cause of knee pain.  Knee pain could occur due to chondromalacia, tendonitis, bursitis, fractures, patellar dislocation, injuries to the internal knee ligaments/ menisci, infections/ inflammations, arthritis, cyst formation, bone growths/ tumours, nerve injuries etc; just to name a few; while hyaluronic acid may be used in advanced cases of osteoarthritis. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician for an evaluation and appropriate management.  
Hope this helps.  

Take care!