Orthopedics Community
Drooping Shoulder
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Drooping Shoulder

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not.

I have been have ongoing shoulder pain with dizziness / optical migraine for the last 2 years.  I am on topomax (topamax) which has helped with the dizziness / migraine.  The shoulder pain has been getting worse recently.  I have had an MRI done which showed no tears, just lots of inflammation.  I noticed the other day that my right shoulder is sloped and at least a 1 1/2" lower than my left (don't know how I haven't noticed this until know).  I have pain when I rake, shovel, do any overhead projects.  I have quite a bit of muscular pain between the scapula and spine when doing activities.  Also, feels like my shoulder is a little loose and I get clicking quite a bit.  I get quite a bit of muscle tension in neck and a the base of skull (am always popping my neck to loosen it up).  I had done physical therapy awhile back and all this seemed to do was aggravate my neck muscles.

I am looking for a little direction / help with what might me going on and what kind of doctor that I need to see.

Thanks.