Orthopedics Community
Extreme foot pain above the cuboid bone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Extreme foot pain above the cuboid bone

Hi there. I've been experiencing sever pain in my right foot. The pain seems to be localized above the cuboid bone, and is most sever when I first stand after sitting/laying down. For the first ten or twenty steps upon standing, I have to hobble and try to put all of my weight on my toes. Also, with the first steps I can hear and feel a clicking sound in that foot, that seems to be either the bones, or perhaps a tendon rubbing against the bones. I have been to a doctor in the past, but after taking xrays and finding nothing, was told to wear a pad on the top of the foot. That hasn't helped any, and the problem is getting continually worse.