Orthopedics Community
Foot injury from a very high fall

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Foot injury from a very high fall

Me and my friends went to sea and 6 days ago I jumped into water that was too shallow. The height was about 4-5 meters. I landed on my feet and I must have landed on a rock with my left foot. The area around the heel bruised and I was not able to walk normaly due to the pain. Then after 3 days the bruising dissapeared but my heel and the area around it still hurts! I can force myself to walk normally but it hurts too much.

Could I have crushed my heel in some way? And would this ever heal on its own since you cant tell from the outside that anything is wrong? Should I seek medical help?

Thank you!

Matic
Hey Matic!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures, dislocations, injuries to ligaments/ tendons etc. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you could try rest, ice-packs and tylenol for relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!