Foot injury from a very high fall

Me and my friends went to sea and 6 days ago I jumped into water that was too shallow. The height was about 4-5 meters. I landed on my feet and I must have landed on a rock with my left foot. The area around the heel bruised and I was not able to walk normaly due to the pain. Then after 3 days the bruising dissapeared but my heel and the area around it still hurts! I can force myself to walk normally but it hurts too much.

Could I have crushed my heel in some way? And would this ever heal on its own since you cant tell from the outside that anything is wrong? Should I seek medical help?

Thank you!

Matic
Hey Matic!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures, dislocations, injuries to ligaments/ tendons etc. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you could try rest, ice-packs and tylenol for relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!