Orthopedics Community
Fracture of right radial head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Fracture of right radial head

2 weeks ago I suffered a type 1 non-dislocated fracture to my right elbow. Healing is going well, but I am now aware that there may be permanent inability to straighten my right arm (extend) at the elbow as I can do for my left arm. If the bone is healing back to normal, why is there a potential to not recover 100% the ability to extend my right arm at the elbow?
Hi there!

I do not see a reason of reduced inability to extend the arm after the fracture has healed well, unless there have been associated injuries as well. There may be some stiffness due to disuse during casting which should get better with time and physiotherapy once the cast is removed.
Hope this helps.

Take care!