Orthopedics Community
Full Recovery after Bicepts Tenodesis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Full Recovery after Bicepts Tenodesis

I had biceps tenodesis and cartilage 'clean up'  about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I have been to physical therapy for eight visits.  I feel like I am improving, but when the therapist stretches my arm toward up over my head the pain gets to a point where it is unbearable. (I am lying flat on the table and they move my arm straight up and back over my head.)  The furthest they have been able to stretch the arm is 170 degrees and that was last week.  Today they could only get it to 160 degrees.  They tell me that its a slow process and that I am doing well enough, however today they did make the comment that one might not get full range of motion back.I am concerned that I am not progressing as well as I should.  I want to regain full range of motion.  I have asked for additional home exercises (I have been doing the pulleys) and today they told me I could do the bar with the weight at home -- moving the arm much like he therapist does.)  

I would like to know of others experience with recovery from this process.  I am a mid-50s woman and lead a fairly active lifestyle -- yoga, kayaking, ball throwing for dog, yard work -- at least until the should pain began about a year ago.

I would also like to understand the time frame and perhaps some benchmarks that I should be aiming for.  The thereapist just gives me vague answers.

Thank you.