Orthopedics Community
Growth plates in wrists
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Growth plates in wrists

My son is 14, 5'8" and 150 lbs...very muscular and V shaped.  He broke his thumb the other day and the ortho said his growths plates were closed in his wrist and he is done growing in height?  Can that really be true?  He is devastated and I am looking for a glimmer of hope or anything I can do for him.  I am 5'4" and his dad is 6'2".  He had 3 6'5" uncles.....anything I can do for him medically, diet, or exercise-wise to extend his growing time?

Thank you so much.
Related Discussions
Unfortunatley no, theres no growth medicines to increase these natural occurences, he's about the average height between mom and dad. He may grow a bit more, but around 14-16 you reach your maximum height, he may grow some more over the next 2 years, tell him not to worry, and just to keep up his regular exercise and healthy diet.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...