Orthopedics Community
How painful is nerve conduction study?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

How painful is nerve conduction study?

A friend who had a nerve conduction study told me today that it was quite painful.  I may have to have one but am using wrist straps for 6 weeks before my appointment with a neurologist.  Even after less than two weeks I think my possible Carpal tunnel symptoms are almost cured.  Can anyone tell me more about what exercises and/or supplements might help?
I had a test where the nerves in my arm were zapped to test my nerve function.  I can't remember the name of the test.  I was prepared for a lot of pain, but it really wasn't that big of a deal.  I had the test because I was having numbness in my arm and hand.  But you know, I think it may have been helped by a couple of visits to a massage therapist.  You might want to give that a try.