I injured my knee playing basketball, what kind of injury could this be?
I was running to the right of the hoop and i stopped to pump fake a shot and my right knee sort of kept going a little and bent outward away from me, it was very painful. I did not hear a pop so i dont think I tore anything. I immediately iced it and have been resting it as much as possible and icing it about once a day for 20 minutes since it happened(about 5 days ago). Since the injury happened, there was NO swelling and NO bruising whatsoever but it was very painful, especially the morning after. It has definitely gotten better since then but I still limp when I walk because I can't extend my knee fully in either direction. It seems to hurt the most when I bend my knee as if I was trying to touch my butt with my foot. Like I said, no swelling or bruising. What kind of injury could this be???? I'm worried because I can't afford insurance and don't have much money(I am a poor college student) to get an MRI, etc. Any input or advice would be appreciated, thanks world.
If this took place on school property or in a school sponsored event the school eats the medical bill. That being said, the liklihood is you have a miniscus tear and require at least an x-ray and probably an MRI. Sometimes surgery is required. If this was not on school property you need to find a clinic that will treat you. Usually there is a flat fee in the United States of $10. The ER has to see you, but you can expect a bill.bill.