Is it a ganglion cyst?
I've had a lump in my left hand for many years.  It isn't very noticeable, but you can see it if you look carefully.  I went to the doctor a couple years ago to see if he knew what it was.  They took an x-ray and he said it was probably a cyst, but they would have to do exploratory surgery, which may disable my hand to find out for sure.  I've concluded that it is probably a ganglion cyst, but it does not fit the typical case for one.  It looks as if my third metacarpal bone is just swollen and the growth is nowhere near my wrist.  This does not cause a problem to me, other than it hurts a little if you squeeze it, but it has heightened my curiosity over the years.  Is this in fact a ganglion cyst?  And could my piano playing be a possible cause of it?  Thanks.
hi SenespereKonfuzita,
Don't worry for this swelling.The main reason is that it's a part of you for many years. SO it appears to be a benign(harmless) one. Ganglion is most common finding in this region. I agree that it's not over the routine position of wrist, but you must realize that nature is full of exceptions. Am i right??
If you want to confirm it, you can do a MRI scan of the same.
Regarding PIANO playing, you can play it lifelong. Ganglion will not cause any problem.
Hope you are satisfied ,
take care
abhijeet