Knee replacement has worn out
My husband had a total knee replacement 15 years ago , it was never right, always gave him pain
and years after was told by a different orthopedic that it was too large for him. Now that it is wearing
out they are telling him it cannot be " replaced" but that if taken out he will lose his leg from
the knee down!   This doesn't sound correct to me but he said he has spoken to the surgeon and
that is what he told him.Is this correct? That once a knee replacement wears it it cannot be redone ?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. Most need replacements can be and need to be replaced when they wear out, though the situation may be cumbersome in a few. I would suggest considering a second opinion from another orthopedician before taking a decision regarding the management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!