Left calf discomfort - DVT?
Hi,   Any input would be appreciated as I've been worried about DVT!  I'm 38 and usually healthy walker & runner.  A recent forest run led to a pulled calf muscle (I think) which cramped and was very tight for about 1-2 weeks.  Could a torn calf muscle or calf muscle strain cause fluctuating pain throughout lower left leg - maybe as other muscles compensate for the injury?  The main sore muscle is the one involved in pushing left foot down on the car pedal (outer left calf) and it is always worse during or after muscle use.  Work colleagues have commented on my limping and I'm trying to walk normally to avoid getting a sprained ankle as well!  Does this sound more like a calf sprain than a DVT?
I think it could be due to calf sprain as DVT is a condition requiring immediate attention.
DVT is a blood clot in the deep venous plexus of the legs. Venous thrombus may embolize and result in fatal PE.
You can plan for Doppler ultra-sonography and Venography which is sensitive test for detection of DVT.
Venography is 100% sensitive and specific. It provides visualization of the entire deep venous system. It is also expensive and invasive.
I think you need to visit an orthopaedician at earliest and if you don’t have one or if the appointment is late then you can meet your physician for basic evaluation.
Keep me informed if you have any queries.
Bye.