Orthopedics Community
Left shoulder pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Left shoulder pain

I was in a MVA 5 months ago.  I have pain in my left shoulder radiating to my axilla, my pectoral muscle, and my arm.  I have pain when I reach above head or make twisting movements or placing my arm out to the side.  I'm in PT 3x a week.  I'm using the flector patch with no improvement.  Nothing is torn or broke please help me.  Why am I still experiencing pain? What can heal me?
Avatar dr m tn

Hello!

Pain in the shoulder and arm the common reason would be any spine problem. It might also be related to your MVA.
Did you go for an X-ray or MRI?

If you have any muscle or tendon injury there is a possibility of these symptoms. There might have been a partial tear and for this follow up with your orthopedician.

Take care!