Orthopedics Community
MRI results....Need help Understanding..PPPPLLLLZZ:)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MRI results....Need help Understanding..PPPPLLLLZZ:)

ok, so I dont know if anyone could possibly help me on this one but here it goes....I got MRI results for my back...I dont know what it means....so this is what it says if anyone could please translate for me:
At L5-S1, there is discogenic disease, posterior annular fissure tear, minimal disc buldge and a small central disc protrusion without significant central or foraminal stenosis. And it says the "conus ends at the upper L1 level.
At C5-C6, there is mild left neural foraminal narrowing related to uncovertebral proliferation.....
if anyone could please tell me what this means and what it is id be forever grateful:)
Related Discussions
Hi,
Your MRI results say that between L5-S1 vertebrae you have spinal disc pathology where in there is bulging of disc with disc protrusion without compression on the spinal cord.
The bones which form your spine are called as vertebrae. The space between two vertebras is cushioned with disc. When disc bulge or break open due to any reasons like ageing (aging), or trauma to spine, it is called as herniated disc and this can cause pinching of nerve. It can happen in any region, but is more common at lower back in lumbar region and cervical region.
At the level of cervical spine there is a spinal disc pathology causing a compression on spinal cord with crowding of vertebrae.
What are your symptoms?
Keep me informed.
Bye.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity