Orthopedics Community
Middle finger injury from golfing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Middle finger injury from golfing

my middle finger on my right hand,doesn't hurt only when I try to close my fist. It is swollen on the knuckle & have had in a splint for more then 3 weeks. Swelling is still there .Have had  it x-rayed twice but no fracture.  Concerned what to do next.
Hi there!

This could be a soft tissue injury with associated inflammation. If you can otherwise move your finger, it is unlikely to be anything serious. I assume you have already consulted an orthopedician for appropriate management. It is advised to keep the splint in place for 4-6 weeks and avoid and movements around the finger. The inflammation and the swelling would take some time to subside. You may also try some OTC NSAIDS for relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!