Orthopedics Community
Partial Wrist Fusion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Partial Wrist Fusion

I am scheduled to have a partial wrist fusion.  I have been seeing the surgeon now for over 18 months for really bad paid in my right wrist.  After many scans and other procedures they have found that the bones in my wrist that should be held together by ligaments are not in my case.  I have no ligaments holding them together and this is what is causing my pain.  He suggested two surgery's the first being to take ligaments from some where else and to attached them to my wrist joint, and the other a partial wrist fusion.  The first option he said is more or less out of the window as my bones are two far apart and the ligaments would not last more than a few years, hence my only other option of fusing some of the bones together.
I am told that I could lose possibly half to two thirds of my movement of my joint, which is rather a lot.  Is there any other procedure that I can have?
Please email me me at ***@**** if you prefer.

Niall