Orthopedics Community
Post-op ulnar nerve decompression

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Post-op ulnar nerve decompression

I had ulnar nerve decompression surgery at the end of June, 2009. Had MRI in early October due to continuing pain in arm. Found inflammation. Plan is to wait two months to see if inflammation resolves on its own. Now that some of the inflammation has resolved, I can move something near the bone in my elbow (nerve or ligament?) manually.  I would think that I shouldn't be able to move anything. Question is whether I should continue to wait to return to the doctor at the end of November as planned or go back earlier to have rechecked due to this new discovery. Still with some pain and discomfort and if this is what is causing problem then would like to get it fixed sooner rather than later. Thank you.