Post-surgical muscle spasms
I had a total knee replacement of my right knee (Smith & Nephew titanium knee) on May 4th.  The last couple of weeks I have been experiencing moderate muscle spasms.  I was prescribed muscle relaxers to help me.  In the last couple of days the spasms have increased considerably and the pain in my knee has been excruciating.  I had constant throbbing pain at my incision site all last night that was almost more than I could bear.  Otherwise, my PT is on schedule, I'm up to 110 in my machine, and have been making great progress on recovery.
I have been homebound almost entirely since my surgery, except for this weekend when I had to be out for short periods of time on Fri.-Sun.  I was just wondering if I just overdid it on my outings or if something else could be happening.  The pain I had last night was worse than any I have experienced since my surgery.
You are doing very good and now physiotherapy under your Physiotherapist advice is what you should stick to. The pain will go ultimately, you can use some pain killers. Take care!