Rotator Cuff/shoulder problems
I am female, age 60.  Recently I had an MRI done on my left shoulder....I am having pain throughout the day and night (more at night), restricted movement, sharp pain with quick movement, as well as tightness in lower and upper arm muscles.  I cannot sleep on the left side and actually sleep is uncomfortable in any direction. It is also uncomfortable to just sit.  I went to a doctor and she had took x-rays and had an MRI done...no breaks but here are the results of the MRI.  Would you please explain this to me in layman terms?  Also the doctor suggested either 12+ therapy or surgery...with the surgery being the  best option...What do you think?

Glenohumeral joint alignment is satisfactory.  Biceps long head tendon is intact and in satisfactroy position.  No glenohumeral joint arthropathy.  No substantive joint effusion.  No evidence of recent macro fractuar or bone contusion.
Best appreciated on the coronal sequences is evidence of synovial thickening about the glenohumeral joint capsule, most prominent along the axillary capsular recess.  Findings compatible with cronic adhesive capsulitis of moderate severity.
Glenoid labrum is well visualized and is intact, with no evidence of labral tear or SLAP lesion.
Mild AC joint arthropathy, without medial outlet encroachment.  Acromion process demonstrates a type II configuration, iwth a mild anterior downward curve.  Evidence of coracoacromial ligament thickening along the acromion undersurface anteriorly.  The combination of these findings appears to result in a mild degree of lateral outlet encroachment.
Mild rotator cuff tendinopathy primarily involving the supraspinatus tendon, with mild peritendinitis.  No rotator cuff tear evident.  Infraspinatus subscapularis and teres minor tendons are unremarkable.  Incidental note is made of pseudocyst formationalont the posterior aspect of the greater tuberosity, of doubtful clinical significance.
Musculature about the shoulder iwthin normal limits.  No evidence of neoplactic or metastatic lesion about the sholder.

IMPRESSION:
1.  Mild supraspinatus rotator cuff tendinitis andperitendinitis, without evidence of rotator cuff tear.
2.  Evidence of mild lateral outlet encroachment.  Constellation of findings suggests a component of rotator cuff impingement.
3.  Evidence of moderate severity, chronic adhesive capsulitis, most apparent in the axillary capsular recess.
4.  Mild AC joint arthropathy

Thank you for your time and your insight.
Nancy