Orthopedics Community
Scapholunate ligament reconstruction
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scapholunate ligament reconstruction

I had a scapholunate ligament reconstruction 10 weeks ago, basically they took half the palmaris longus tendon from the underside of my arm, drilled holes in the Scap and lunate bones, fed the tendon through and pulled it tight to recreate the S-L ligament that I tore years ago.

I'm 4 weeks out of a cast and have around 40% extension of the wrist, but no flexion, the wrist is in a cocked up position just above neutral. The top of the wrist joint feels very hard compared to the other hand, this is where the main scar is, but the structures underneather are extremely tough and that is what seems to be stopping the wrist flexion downwards.

I have physio twice a week but the results are very slow, any idea when i'll have more flexion motion? The wrist is very stiff, i feel its important that we get it moving as soon as possible, but the physio doesn't seem to be that concerned?