Orthopedics Community
Scheduled for Patellofemoral arthroplasty

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Hi All,

I am scheduled for Patellofemoral arthroplasty in a few weeks. I'm looking through the paper work and have been doing some research on the web and it appears this is not a common surgery. In fact, all my paper work (standard forms) refer to a TKR. My surgeon indicated that this procedure is not common and that he has only done maybe 7 in the past five years. Although he did indicate that he probably had done the most of all his peers. Does anyone now whether 7 of these procedures in 5 years is a lot or acceptable. If the procedure is that uncommon maybe that is good or the best I can hope for. Needless to say I'm a little worried that my surgeon may not have enough experience.

Thanks,
Mark