Side pain when twisting
For around 3-4 months now, I've had some rather burning pain in my right side, about 3-4 inches below the shoulder, approx on the midline of my side, maybe a bit more toward the back. It's directly over my ribs on the side. No pain in abs, or associated back pain. It only hurts if I twist to my left with my right elbow out away from my body. If I twist to the left and keep my right elbow tucked into my side, I have no pain at all. No pain when breathing or resting.

I've been to a chiropractor, massage therapist, my GP..no one can tell me what it is. The only thing I can figure is maybe a strain/tear of maybe an oblique, teres major/minor or latissimus dorsi muscle. Anyone here have any ideas? If it is a tear, how would I go about healing it, and how long should it take?
Hello!

I would suggest you to diagnose your problems for any bony , muscle, tendon or ligament involvement by going for necessary scans and following up near an orthopedician for clinical examination.

Based on the diagnosis you can go for proper cure, till then do not exert yourself in that area, take anti inflammatory medications and also use ice packs to decrease the inflammation.

Take care!